The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Flying blade sorcerer

stereoviewer
What about this build? Only attack is Flying blade, which is ranged, snares an does a good damage. Critical surge is there to boost that damage. When stamina and/or health runs low, cast Rune cage, to get time to chanel Dark deal. Only drawback I see is the casting time of Dark deal. Any other week spots? http://www.esohead.com/calculator/skills#1.mMRz9s8w2lJ8NisY8NNgb8NUmu8AIUM85kt7CLsgX8H7xrzf26rbHm8J7xLziO8K7xLzuj857zzx3TH8zf7zzNbo8zu7zzHfYE6zHfZd8zG7zzHQ3F8zI7zzJIoX6zJIkL8zN7zzJZcY8zA7zzKpUN8zL7zzK4EX
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dragonknights will love you :)
  • stereoviewer
    Sharee wrote: »
    Dragonknights will love you :)

How is that?
  • AriBoh
    AriBoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They will reflect all your attacks back at you with flappy flap flap (reflective scales).
    khele23eb17
    Agreed. Whoever came up with the design should be shot in the foot and only admitted to hospital when he manages to find 3 other people willing to maim themselves the same way in order to accompany him.

ZOS_AmeliaR admin
    Ultimately, any method of entering an enemy keep without breaking down the door is considered an exploit. Thanks for checking!

tinythinker
    "I used to be a healer once, but then I took a Wrobel to the knee"
  • stereoviewer
    I c. Thx
  • Xael
    Xael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What about this build? Only attack is Flying blade, which is ranged, snares an does a good damage. Critical surge is there to boost that damage. When stamina and/or health runs low, cast Rune cage, to get time to chanel Dark deal. Only drawback I see is the casting time of Dark deal. Any other week spots? http://www.esohead.com/calculator/skills#1.mMRz9s8w2lJ8NisY8NNgb8NUmu8AIUM85kt7CLsgX8H7xrzf26rbHm8J7xLziO8K7xLzuj857zzx3TH8zf7zzNbo8zu7zzHfYE6zHfZd8zG7zzHQ3F8zI7zzJIoX6zJIkL8zN7zzJZcY8zA7zzKpUN8zL7zzK4EX

Flying Blade is fine.
    DK's are a pain in the ass no matter what.
    I would however replace Aegis with Boundless Storm. BS will give you more resist / armor and provide you extra movement speed. I would also swap Blast for the Frag morph. Your Boundless Storm and other skills will proc Frag often making it the superior choice. I would load up your second bar with other skills to make DK fights possible.

Also for the record, your build thrives on hit and run / gank tactics, not open field zerg fighting. Avoid the useless discussions about "this class does this, this class does that." You have the options to choose your fights, play smart. Go forth and wreck.
    I got killed in pvp, nerf everything...
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    this will not work. the reason why is because you will lack any kind of mobility.

Sorcerers are meant to be fast and deadly, but they are also quick to go down. If all you do is sit there and spam flying blade, you will not do well at all.
  • Xael
    Xael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What in the world are you talking about? I ran a flying blade build for almost a year and did very well with it. You do realize a player has 2 bars? On that second bar he can have streak and retreating maneuvers? The first bar has Boundless Storm. More importantly nobody mentioned "sit there and spam flying blade."

So yes, it can and does work and he does not lack mobility. I get you like to post, but at least read and think before you kneejerk swoop in to the save the day. It is quite clear you know very little about Sorcs, please refrain from advising them.
  • stereoviewer
    Xael wrote: »

Flying Blade is fine.
    DK's are a pain in the ass no matter what.
    I would however replace Aegis with Boundless Storm. BS will give you more resist / armor and provide you extra movement speed. I would also swap Blast for the Frag morph. Your Boundless Storm and other skills will proc Frag often making it the superior choice. I would load up your second bar with other skills to make DK fights possible.

Also for the record, your build thrives on hit and run / gank tactics, not open field zerg fighting. Avoid the useless discussions about "this class does this, this class does that." You have the options to choose your fights, play smart. Go forth and wreck.

Thanks for good advice!
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FYI: DK scales does not reflect the Flying Blade skill.
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I just don't see the point in having a build centered on Flying Blade, especially with the new ultimate regen mechanics. If you are staying at range, you will not regain much ultimate without being able to light/heavy attack. Your only two damage abilities scale on separate resources so one or both won't be hitting for much damage. Dark Deal is tough to pull off in PVP unless you liberally use Bolt Escape, sooooo yeah.... my hopes are not high for the build you are trying to accomplish here.
    You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
  • Xael
    Xael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Erock25 wrote: »
    I just don't see the point in having a build centered on Flying Blade, especially with the new ultimate regen mechanics. If you are staying at range, you will not regain much ultimate without being able to light/heavy attack. Your only two damage abilities scale on separate resources so one or both won't be hitting for much damage. Dark Deal is tough to pull off in PVP unless you liberally use Bolt Escape, sooooo yeah.... my hopes are not high for the build you are trying to accomplish here.

Flying Blade does good damage and keeps the target slowed. Nobody mentioned "staying at range." The common application is either from sneak as an initiation followed by gap closing ala Boundless Storm/BE while weaving light and heavy attacks at and depositing Frag procs when necessary. More importantly your Boundless Storm (which should have a 100% uptime) will proc Disintegrate. It's a fairly simple build that works well in solo roaming ganks. I used the build for several months as did others like Atropos. In fact I am pretty sure there is still footage up somewhere.

I suppose if you were to take OPs original build link... yeah, it will not work. However as I said above, if he were to swap out the skills I mentioned and make those revisions it will work just fine. It's not something I would use now... but it's doable.
  • Kuro1n
    Kuro1n
    ✭✭✭
    FYI: DK scales does not reflect the Flying Blade skill.

FYI: yes it does.

How do I know you may wonder? I use it a lot every day. Don't misinform people.
    Edited by Kuro1n on March 31, 2015 6:22PM
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Flying Blade does good damage and keeps the target slowed. Nobody mentioned "staying at range." The common application is either from sneak as an initiation followed by gap closing ala Boundless Storm/BE while weaving light and heavy attacks at and depositing Frag procs when necessary. More importantly your Boundless Storm (which should have a 100% uptime) will proc Disintegrate. It's a fairly simple build that works well in solo roaming ganks. I used the build for several months as did others like Atropos. In fact I am pretty sure there is still footage up somewhere.

I suppose if you were to take OPs original build link... yeah, it will not work. However as I said above, if he were to swap out the skills I mentioned and make those revisions it will work just fine. It's not something I would use now... but it's doable.

So you start from range with a sneak attack and then close the distance to do what? Medium attack weave with more Flying Blades? You mention Frags but in order to make your Flying Blade hit hard you will need to stack stam/weapon dmg to the point that your Frags tickle.

In 1.5 this all might have worked because Sorc was stacking weapon damage higher than any other class with Critical Surge and because of softcaps, you could effectively use both magicka and stamina for DPS.

The OP talks about spamming Flying Blade and using Rune Cage and Dark Deal for sustain, and I just do not think that is viable. The use of Rune Cage and Dark Deal implies he wants to stay at range. Dual Wield implies he want to stay close. It isn't 1.5 anymore.
    You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
  • Xael
    Xael
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So you start from range with a sneak attack and then close the distance to do what? Medium attack weave with more Flying Blades? You mention Frags but in order to make your Flying Blade hit hard you will need to stack stam/weapon dmg to the point that your Frags tickle.

In 1.5 this all might have worked because Sorc was stacking weapon damage higher than any other class with Critical Surge and because of softcaps, you could effectively use both magicka and stamina for DPS.

The OP talks about spamming Flying Blade and using Rune Cage and Dark Deal for sustain, and I just do not think that is viable. The use of Rune Cage and Dark Deal implies he wants to stay at range. Dual Wield implies he want to stay close. It isn't 1.5 anymore.

I would not use what OP linked. I said that and was very clear he needed to change out skills. His way simply will not work.

I agree that if he wants to stay at range this build is utterly useless. I suggested above he would need to completely overhaul. Frag doesn't tickle on a stam build nor is it's purpose dps per se; It's a ranged knockdown that works great on people who are not immune. Yes this build was fine in 1.5 and even better before it. I could have linked a better build suited around DW skills but OP had yet to respond so I refrained. As I stated above you can easily make a viable DW build with Flying Blade. I personally wouldn't as I find other builds more suited to the current state of Cyrodiil pvp.