The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Means of Leveling

Shineko
Shineko
✭✭✭
The common method of leveling as far as I'm aware is through questing and pve dungeons and content outside of cyrodil.

Is it possible to go from 10 to VR 12 doing only cyrodill related things whether that be PvP or the PvE content in cyrodill?

What is the difference? Is Cyrodill leveling half as fast? Is it faster at first but slower later?

Best Answers

• Fyrakin
    Fyrakin
    ✭✭✭
    Shineko wrote: »
    The common method of leveling as far as I'm aware is through questing and pve dungeons and content outside of cyrodil.

Is it possible to go from 10 to VR 12 doing only cyrodill related things whether that be PvP or the PvE content in cyrodill?

What is the difference? Is Cyrodill leveling half as fast? Is it faster at first but slower later?

Cyrodiil also has numerous quest hubs as well as delves, it is quite possible to level there. Latest updates changed VR level of npcs, so you get more XP from kills, also XP from quests should be as good. I'm not saying its as fast as xp from kills in some VR10 areas, but should be a decent alternative, especially if you like ocasional pvp encounters while questing or exploring delves.
    NA Megaserver (810) - Fyrakin, Loremaster Fyrakin, Cartographer Fyrakin, Taskmaster Tobin, Zergas, Texa, Furnacius, Hextex
    EU Megaserver (167) - Fyrakin
    MiniMap author
    Answer ✓
  • Athas24
    Athas24
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would imagine there are more than enough quests and things in Cyrodiil to get you leveled up. Combine that with PVP missions etc and you should have a decent alternative to the typical PVE experience. :)
    ...OverTwerked & Underpaid.
    Rajaat04 in game @Athas24 on forums
    Answer ✓
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It is possible to level by only doing PvP, but it will be much slower than PvE grinding. Especially lvl 20-vet1can be done very fast in PvE as there are several efficient grinding spots.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Problem with Cyrodiil is you will spend 90% of the time going from one quest location to another as things are so far apart. Prior to the recent changes, the NPCs and quests were VR5, with the corresponding exp. Couple that with the Exp scaling that gives you less exp when you are overleveled, Cyrodiil was not the place to PvE level. Now, with quests and mobs being VR12, it's just the distances that get in the way.

If you play it right, then you can finish up Caldwells Silver at VR12 or better. My first character to do this hit VR12 just before the final quest for Caldwell's Gold. My current Templar will be there or maybe VR13 at the same time. My Sorcerer and Dragonknight, not so much. What is the difference? I ground out a couple of levels in Public Dungeons and other Delves that drop interesting loot with two of the characters. A good incentive for this grind is to chase the Monster Hunter achievement, that will give you one or two more extra levels you need right there.

Once your to VR12, you can grind on VR10 to 11 Mobs to get to VR13, then VR10 mobs to get to VR14, with some Craglorn mob grinding thrown in for good measure.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Shineko
    Shineko
    ✭✭✭
    ! I feel some people are misreading the question. I'm not talking about VR 10 to VR 12. I literally mean Level 10 to Veteran Rank 12
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ! I feel some people are misreading the question. I'm not talking about VR 10 to VR 12. I literally mean Level 10 to Veteran Rank 12

Yes, though at level 10 you may want to take a friend into delves with you.

There are 5 quest hubs in Cyrodiil that offer 10 daily quests each. On top of that, there are a number of quests spread across the map (which will usually require you to go to the opposite end of the map to hand in the quest), which can only be done once each.

There are a number of delves, skyshards, locations, etc that all grant you XP. And of course, there's the whole PvP side of it.

So if Cyrodiil is where you want to be, go for it and have fun!
    The Moot Councillor
  • badmojo
    badmojo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Find someone to help you kill the vr12 npcs. It's kind of hard to level yourself up at level 10. It's possibly, but the amount of time you'll take to kill each and every enemy you come up against will really slow you down, especially with only a few skills unlocked.

Lunar Fang Docks is pretty good for grinding out levels, and so are the delves, but since the latest update those delves are pretty busy, you'd probably get ganked more often in those.

Edit: In fact if you're on the NA server, add me and I'll help you level up a bit, I need to get my templar from vr8-14, so you can tag along and leech the xp if you want. Character name is 'Syndos' in DC.
    Edited by badmojo on March 31, 2015 7:49PM
    [DC/NA]
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

10 to 50? Just do the quests in the leveling zones, it will be faster. Maybe even faster for the VR1 to VR10 levels.
    Edited by Nestor on March 31, 2015 7:56PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Sleep
    Sleep
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's possible to level up by only doing PvP content in Cyrodiil once you hit level 10, tough it might take quite some time to level from level 10 to VR 14. Questing in Cyrodiil should be faster than doing PvP only because sometimes there are not many players around, especially when your alliance owns a lot of keeps that you can teleport to.
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only downside of leveling entirely in Cyrodiil is that you will be missing out on the Skill Points given by the main quest lines in each zone, as well as the skyshards. But if you have a very specific build in mind and know how many skill points you will need, the go for it!
    The Moot Councillor