Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Favorite storyline?

skyprowerb14_ESO
I guess this could sort of count as a catch-all for both Covenant zone questlines and other stuff, but whatever. What's everyone's favorite storyline in the game so far?

I was thinking of making this quite a while ago, back when I'd initially finished Rivenspire, since at the time it blew both Glenumbra's overarching plot and Stormhaven's story out of the water. Now that all I have left is God of Schemes before I move to the Veteran content, I'm tempted to say that Coldharbour was my favorite.
Sahraaji, Covenant Khajiit Templar, Ch90 Ranger (DPS)
Jah'zaan, Covenant Khajiit Nightblade, Pre-Champ Acrobat (DPS)
Cleaves-In-Two, Pact Argonian Dragonknight, Pre-Champ Mercenary (Tank)
Cylaerin, Dominion Bosmer Sorceror, Pre-Champ Sage (Healer)
(@SkyBlueFox1)
  • stevenyaub16_ESO
    stevenyaub16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    lady larent + stibbons questline is my favourite. she is always twarting my plans. poor stibbons.
  • KiroElmarok
    KiroElmarok
    ✭✭✭
    Favorite questline: rivenspire story
    Favorite map: Bangkoria (its a good blend of all that DC had to offer imo)
    Daggerfall Covenant - Dunmer - Dragon Knight

• Potenza
    Potenza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think its Rivenspire where Montclairs wife is dying and they use a stone shard to try and heal her.....Awsome story that took me suprise.
  • xahn178
    xahn178
    ✭✭
    lady larent + stibbons questline is my favourite. she is always twarting my plans. poor stibbons.

Lol, I agree. The quests involving those two always have humorous endings.
    Xahn
    Wagonborn
  • bellanca6561n
    bellanca6561n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you will excuse the thread necromancy, I was not finding a whole lot on the forum today about things people enjoy....plus I'd rather carry on a thread than create a new one, even one that will soon be one year old.

Most of us have completed the storylines multiple times by now yet for some reason I enjoyed the Alik'r and Redguard story more this time than ever before.

Between the Alik'r and Bangkorai you become steeped in a culture somewhere between the ancient cultures of Assyria, Egypt and the Hittites, owing elements to each.

Nothing about the Redguards feels contrived. Yes, they're superstitious but there is an internal consistency to their views that feels....real to me. Well, perhaps Frandar Hunding's Book of Circles is a bit much with its thousands of sword grips and such but its maxims ring true.

Plus the best of all story points of view is that of the necessary outsider. In the case of my character not only is she an alien to that land by virtue of being as dark a dark elf as you can get, but any character you play must first become a member of the Ash'abah tribe who are shunned by all Redguard society....except other Ash'abah members I suppose.

Yes, much was made of the change to Redguard armor, particularly the light armor which many people used for clothing. Yet, in fairness, the signature concept piece was even more stunning and has not yet made it into the game.

Race-redguard.png

Normally I'm simply relieved to be done with a zone as I'm not a huge fan of imposed stories in online games. Yet I could have stayed longer in the Alik'r.