The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

LAG in PVE since 2.*

xarguideb17_ESO
xarguideb17_ESO
✭✭✭
Yesterday I was doing fungal grotto veteran pledge with friends. We had to do the 2nd boss, Gamyne Bandu, for who knows how many times. The lag was so big that each time she cast the purple beam between two players, we saw it when it was already too late and insta died.

So how is this possible that things are so screwed up, that a simple 4-man instance is so frickin' laggy? What happened? I can't play Cyrodiil without lag. Now 4-man dungeons too?

ZOS, you need to fix the lag!
I want to see no new content before all the lag is fixed, show some dedication to the most important issue, please!

I'm playing in EU server.

Thank you for your attention.
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I notice EU server has heavy lagg, NA has a "high" ping of 104-110 (for me) but no real lag. i have gone all over AD/EP and DC with no issues. Hope it gets fixed soon but there are other things that need worked on as well, besides they will nto be adding new content until after xb/ps release.
    IGN: Ki'rah
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
    Options
  • frould
    frould
    ✭✭✭
    A minute ago my client broken 35k mb repair :/
    Options
  • xarguideb17_ESO
    xarguideb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I'm talking about hardcore heavyweight champion lag up to 5 seconds and maybe more.
    This was not all the time, but often enough to make playing very frustrating and difficult.
    Ping 110 would be perfect.

Is there no such thing in US server 4-man dungeons?
    Edited by xarguideb17_ESO on March 31, 2015 7:57AM
    Options
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm talking about hardcore heavyweight champion lag up to 5 seconds and maybe more.
    This was not all the time, but often enough to make playing very frustrating and difficult.
    Ping 110 would be perfect.

Is there no such thing in US server 4-man dungeons?

so i spoke to some friends from EU, apparently from what support told them its the data center where the server is hosted having a huge issue. (they are saying due to the influx of new players) but we all know that is a lie. I hope it gets fixed for you...5 second lag is death for non tanky classes.
    IGN: Ki'rah
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
    Options
  • Tapio75
    Tapio75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing more to it than the increased number of players due freeriders.
    >>PC-EU Mostly PVE. Played since BETA<<
    Options
  • SnowmanDK
    SnowmanDK
    ✭✭✭
    I know they are aware of the lag issues and ARE working on it. They told that in their last stream on Twitch.
    I also await a fix to those issues, although it's not so much lag in my case as it is increased latency.
    On pre-update 6 I had a latency on about 150-160. After update 6 that went up to 200-230.
    At times I can't even draw my weapon but I can move around, as if my client looses connection to the server.
    I have noticed it varies from area to area, and also depends on the time of day, so I wonder if the servers simply are swamped with returning players.
    If that's the case, then I guess it's time for expanding the cluster ;)
    As a sidenote... I am actually curious about what hardware/backbone ZOS is using for ESO.
    Ebonheart Pact: Titiani - Templar
    Ebonheart Pact: Xsnowman - Crafter
    Options
  • sadownik
    sadownik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tapio75 wrote: »

Freeriders? we all payed for the game ffs.

Options
  • Arthur_Spoonfondle
    Arthur_Spoonfondle
    ✭✭✭✭
    sadownik wrote: »
    Tapio75 wrote: »

Freeriders? we all payed for the game ffs.
    He's an idiot, ignore him.

BTW, I gave up playing last November, in part, because of the lag and intermittent freezes. Zenimax seem uninterested in fixing it.
    Options