The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Fugitive from Justice issues

Theosis
Theosis
✭✭✭✭
First off I still love this part of the game. Its exciting, fun, and you can do this at any level. Its great.

There are a few issues though. I get sighted even though I'm completely hidden. This has cost me thousands of gold. Getting caught is fine. Its realistic to know your gonna pay if you steal. Its right and it brings a great element to the game.

But I shouldn't get caught even when nobody can see me. i swear these people have eyes in the back of their heads.

Can their be an addition to the skill points to be more quiet along with less stamina used when sneaking? Lowering the chance of getting seen.
This is were my signature would be if I was allowed one.
  • guldrik
    guldrik
    ✭✭
    My issue is when indoors and seen by guards..if you're given the option to flee..you should have a valid avenue of escape but doors will not open. Even if we are followed out,we need a wayout or the option to flee removed in these areas
  • rayeab16_ESO
    rayeab16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    are you sure its not those sneaky chickens again?
    (in skyrim the chickens would report your every theavin and murderin trick to the guards somehow....lol. faik it was a glitch, but it made it hard from what i hear, to do stuff sometimes)
    maybe ALL the animals are in on it?
  • Sacadon
    Sacadon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yep, is why I travel with little to no gold... agree, stealth should be just exactly that.
  • Theosis
    Theosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, not being able to open a door or flee when given the option to flee seams kinda silly too.
    This is were my signature would be if I was allowed one.
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it probably simply because NPCs cannot follow you through doors. If you get through the nearest door you are safe. Problem is though in somewhere like a castle if an NPC (not a guard) attacks you then you have no where to go - you cannot run round the castle without attracting 10 times more aggro from every guard in site.

I have some funny video footage (somewhere) of my VR1 character being attacked by an NPC in Wayrest Castle. He stood hitting her for about 10 mins. She could not leave the castle and I have 'do not kill npcs' on. In the end another player came through the door, saw what was happening and killed the NPC. I would have been there all night otherwise.
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Fleshreaper
    Fleshreaper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    are you sure its not those sneaky chickens again?
    (in skyrim the chickens would report your every theavin and murderin trick to the guards somehow....lol. faik it was a glitch, but it made it hard from what i hear, to do stuff sometimes)
    maybe ALL the animals are in on it?

Not a glitch in ESO. Animals can be killed so they can see you. How ever reporting you?
  • Tomg999
    Tomg999
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yesterday I was caught stealing in a tavern, and some guy - the owner's son, maybe? - is attacking me. I can't open the door and get out, and he's not a guard so I can't pay him my bounty. I didn't want to kill him & make things worse, I just wanted to get on with my chars life. My only recourse was to let him kill me. At first after death, both "Recall Here" & "Recall at Wayshrine" were grayed out, I was stuck in the spirit world. After a few minutes, I could get the wayshrine to work and I was outta there. Walked back to town, found a guard & paid my bounty.

Is this normal? Any other suggestions if this happens again?