The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Sometimes missing walls/floors after entering house/ship

Clauslever
Clauslever
Soul Shriven
What the title says basically. Sometimes when I enter a house or a ship, the walls and the floor is missing for a second or two and then appear. Not sure what's causing this. I run the game from a less than 6 months old SSD with a gtx 970 that is also less than 6 months old and I have NO issues in ANY other games. After 1 or 2 seconds everything looks completely normal. I attached a picture so you can see what it looks like.

Has anyone else experienced this glitch?

And what do you think is causing it? Hardware failure? Driver conflict? Something else?

Thanks in advance :)
Edited by Clauslever on March 24, 2015 12:28PM
  • gezzerb16_ESO
    Yup. me too.
    What are you running for a GPU?
    And what are your graphics settings?

I'm running a single EVGA GTX 680 FTW 4gig card on drivers 347.09

I have everything maxed in game except for the shadows.

I read they had done some optimizing for DX9 users, so it might of created this problem. I don't know if there's a way to check if a game is using the DX11 code path or DX9 or even choose one path over the other if that is needed.
  • Necrelios
    Necrelios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was having this problem too, turning down the object draw distance seemed to help though. I don't know enough about the internals to say exactly why this happening, but the game might be using multi-threaded processing of the rendering pipelines. If the threads are full, some objects would be delayed in rendering until more threads become available. But that's just my guess.
    Edited by Necrelios on March 25, 2015 4:19AM
    Terms & Conditions ["We revoke permission to fictional legal constructs or private/public persons for selling of any private data, censorship, surveillance, personage or conversion as a trespass of law. We prohibit the practice of "procedural law" or corporate statues in place of divine law."]
  • Clauslever
    Clauslever
    Soul Shriven
    i7 core and gtx 970 and the game is on a SSD. Everything on max. I'll try changing a few settings at a time to see if that fixes it. Still confused though :P Atleast I'm not the only one
    Edited by Clauslever on March 25, 2015 1:27PM
  • djhuff23b14_ESO
    I have been having the same issue ever since the March 17 Tamriel Unlimited update. Was working perfectly before the update, now I am having this issue. I have messaged them several times about this, but have yet to hear back from any of them about it. A wonderful way to treat someone who is still paying for a membership, and has been since day one. It would help if they would at the very least get back to me and let me know they are looking into the issue!
  • Romo
    Romo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yup. me too.
    What are you running for a GPU?
    And what are your graphics settings?

I'm running a single EVGA GTX 680 FTW 4gig card on drivers 347.09

I have everything maxed in game except for the shadows.

I read they had done some optimizing for DX9 users, so it might of created this problem. I don't know if there's a way to check if a game is using the DX11 code path or DX9 or even choose one path over the other if that is needed.

Go to "this PC">Documents>Elder Scrolls Online>live>User settings.txt (for win8.1 and NA server)

Look for: SET GraphicsDriver.7 "D3D11"

You can change and save this if you have D3D9 to D3D11.

I did this and it resolved my missing floors/white walls, ESO crash reporter/freezing issues.
    Edited by Romo on March 31, 2015 2:25PM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This has been happening to me since April 2014 to one degree or another. Not all the time, but enough that it is familiar.

The art is stored on the client side, but what and when to draw are probably influenced by information from the server. I suspect that there is a delayed draw for walls while active objects, like characters and NPCs are processed.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus