The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How do you take the Grind!!!

Tempiis
Tempiis
I currently have 6 characters all vr1-vr2 and im really regretting getting them to the Veteran ranks. Im seriously thinking about starting them all over and stopping them at around level 35-40 and staying in the non veteran pvp areas which just seems more balanced between higher and lower players. I guess more of a statement than a question.
  • dietlime
    dietlime
    ✭✭✭✭
    Only do the "main" quests for those zones called Caldwell's Silver and Gold:

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Cadwell's_Almanac

They reward bonus XP and each zone's entire quest-line should reward about a VR level by the time you're done. I believe the full set (silver, gold) also gives a big XP chunk. Get a friend, this is where co-op really shines.

But yes, it's a stupid design that's horribly biased towards people who don't work for a living, giving people statistical advantage based singularly on time invested and it drives people away from this game and MMO's as a genre every day.

It wouldn't annoy me so much personally, but they marketed the PvP as a level playing field and it's the opposite of that. It's like EvE Online on fantasy foot-soldiers though, so I can get behind that in it's own regard. Wrecking face and preying on the unsuspecting who don't have a snowball's chance in hell can be fun, too.

Try not to see it as something that's meant to be done quickly, loads of people have been playing since release and never hit VR12-14, and I think a lot of dialogue was skipped for those who did so more than once.
    Edited by dietlime on March 30, 2015 10:02PM
  • stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How I take the grind to VR14?

For my first character, I took it to the chin, remaining upright while fighting like a champion, and reached VR14.
    For my second character and various subsequent alts, doing exactly the same quests all over again is not fun, and I really must do most of them to level properly, even the side quests. I have a couple of alts parked at low VR ranks, and one low level alt that will most likely never reach level 50.

Replayability requires variation, at least for me. There is not enough of that in ESO. Not by a long shot.
  • Tempiis
    Tempiis
    thanks for the encouragement guys i'll try to stay the course :( for now i'll work on my 3rd templar and keep him in the non vet pvp range untill ZOS does something about the vet grind :(
    Edited by Tempiis on March 31, 2015 4:13AM
  • Tempiis
    Tempiis
    On another note i just find it very lazy of them to make me go through the other factions story line. I mean for godsakes what if i wanted to ever make a toon in the other faction it just makes no sense.
  • TheBonesXXX
    TheBonesXXX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do the quest hubs in Cyrodiil, they offer 32kxp a turn in and 8.2k Champion xp.

and when you burn 1.2 million enlightenment you get a lot of skill points.
  • vichoi
    vichoi
    ✭✭✭
    I level 1-50 with main quest, which if fast and I enjoy the story line.
    Once I hit v1 I start playing pvp, v1-v14 take about 2 months, but PvP is so much fun even the XP is slower than quest or grind.
    I work as well, playing only about 2hrs per day, however the levelling speed is alright.
  • McDoogs
    McDoogs
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tempiis wrote: »
    I currently have 6 characters all vr1-vr2 and im really regretting getting them to the Veteran ranks. Im seriously thinking about starting them all over and stopping them at around level 35-40 and staying in the non veteran pvp areas which just seems more balanced between higher and lower players. I guess more of a statement than a question.

Those characters are in the 'sweet spot' for gaining champion points fyi
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    one XP at the time, and loving everything I kill
  • Tempiis
    Tempiis
    McDoogs wrote: »
    Tempiis wrote: »

Those characters are in the 'sweet spot' for gaining champion points fyi

What you talking about Willis ? :)
  • skarvika
    skarvika
    ✭✭✭✭
    I pvp...a lot. I've levelled twice in 2 weeks. Slow as molasses and fairly inconsistent, but it's happening.
    Apparently doing the quests in Bruma is a good way to level up but I haven't personally tried. My guildmates say that's how they've done it though.
    QQing is a full time job
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Farm Emp. You get a level every time you're crowned.
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube