The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

NB's Reaper's Mark

tintin_milou
Hi NB experts or interested party... :)

Does anyone know approximately how much DPS would increase from Reaper's Mark? RM used to last longer than 20 s. Now I must re-cast RM a bit too often and I am considering using something else.

Thanks for your help! :D
  • Vandril
    Vandril
    ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone know approximately how much DPS would increase from Reaper's Mark? RM used to last longer than 20 s. Now I must re-cast RM a bit too often and I am considering using something else.

It also used to only effect your damage. :P

If you're in a group of players all hitting the same target, and no one else is applying either of the debuffs that RM now applies, then using RM is worth it, hands down.

If you're in a group of players and someone else is applying the debuffs that RM now applies, then it's more or less useless.

If you're solo, then I can't rightly say. I don't know the exact damage percentage it grants.

Generally speaking, as soon as more than just you are hitting the same target, RM is worth using unless someone else is applying the buffs.
  • Chelo
    Chelo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It is one of the best skills of NBs...
  • Celless
    Celless
    ✭✭✭
    Sometimes I'll try to use Reaper's Mark on a target that I know the tank will not be taunting with Pierce Armor, e.g. the second mage / healer / archer. I'll try to finish that target off, ride the +20% Major Berserk to the next target. If the enemies look grouped together, I'll try to target them, if not, will go after the next healer / mage / archer separated from the pack.

On a boss, I will never intentionally cast this and will most likely replace this with Ambush if I need a gap closer (stamina DPS).
  • kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My bow bar consists of:

Snipe>Bombard>Siphon attacks>Reapers Mark>Camo Hunter and Ulti is flawless dawnbreaker.

Bombard is pretty strong right now, the stun is good and with Reapers Mark up, I can tank with my bow. I basically never run out of stamina with siphong attacks up and reapers gives me health when I burn down whats in front of me.

It's not as much about raw numbers for DPS, it's about keeping you alive 'while'you are DPSíng.
    Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps
    Boom Crash Opera - AD Sorc DPS

• tintin_milou
    OK thanks everyone for your advice and sharing your thoughts! :)

I know Reapers Mark is a good skill - I just don't like the short 20 s duration. I already have to keep track of DOT's from Venom Arrow and Crippling Grasp and Relentless Focus. And add this RM to also keep track of! My eyeballs are going to fall out from scanning all over the screen! :p
  • Kerioko
    Kerioko
    ✭✭✭✭
    The best use of reapers mark is in AOE....keep casting it on low health targets to get the major beserker buff (25% dmg buff) and awesome self healing.

I am a magicka NB and my AOE bar is: Sap, Refreshing Path, Reaper's Mark, Impale, Bats....

Use Path to keep up armor buffs, mark + impale to take out low health targets for buff, and spam sap and bats for awesome AOE and survivability!

As far as single target, I run reaper's mark, merciless resolve, and entropy for buffs/debuffs with a cripple + funnel rotation....
    I have noticed reapers is about a 5-10% dps boost on standard targets!
    Dinosaur Chicken Nuggets - Argonian mNB Tank/Heals (PVP)
    Strawberry Semifreddo - Dunmer mSorc DPS // Sunny D-Light - Breton mTemp Heals
    Peanut Butter Sandwich - Orc sDK DPS // Kellogg's Frosted Flakes - Argonian mWard Tank/Heals (PVE)
    Cor-Leonis
    friendship - integrity - perseverance
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    i go with piercing mark to catch people that try to sneak away.
    Edited by Cody on March 31, 2015 1:56AM
  • tintin_milou
    Kerioko wrote: »
    The best use of reapers mark is in AOE....keep casting it on low health targets to get the major beserker buff (25% dmg buff) and awesome self healing.

I am a magicka NB and my AOE bar is: Sap, Refreshing Path, Reaper's Mark, Impale, Bats....

Use Path to keep up armor buffs, mark + impale to take out low health targets for buff, and spam sap and bats for awesome AOE and survivability!

As far as single target, I run reaper's mark, merciless resolve, and entropy for buffs/debuffs with a cripple + funnel rotation....
    I have noticed reapers is about a 5-10% dps boost on standard targets!

Great! That 5-10% DPS increase is the information I was looking for! Thanks! :)