The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Possible Network Issues

SpiritusSancti
Since 1.6 I have seen the following issues with ESO.
1. Horse starts and stops when it is supposed to be sprinting - many have reported in forums a rise in this behavior over the same period.
2. Mobs, when attacked, move ultra fast. I see them at rest just prior to my attacking them and then almost immediately they have covered the space between me and them and are on top of me.
3. I click, I click, I click on all manner of things (doors, chests, mushrooms, wood etc) and nothing happens.
Are these 3 perhaps all the same issue, a network issue or perhaps something else, all with the same cause but a spectrum of symptoms? Does anyone know?
  • LameoveR
    LameoveR
    ✭✭✭✭
    Use search tool please.
    All those things were mentioned month ago.
    Edited by LameoveR on March 31, 2015 2:18AM
    Options
  • SpiritusSancti
    I know they were commented on singularly but I didn't see any discussion of these together.
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I would not necessarily say "network issue" but today I have been considering the possibility that the horse issue is not related to horses at all but it actually related to lag. I had not previously considered this, but today after maintenance my horse is behaving much better. Monday and Tuesday tend to quiet in Tamriel, so if there is a population sensitive lag issue, it is less likely to show up. (Not that I get much PVE lag on any day of the week)

Next time my horse is bad this way, I need to get off of it and see if I can get it to happen on foot.

EDIT: The lag related idea did not pan out.
    Edited by Elsonso on March 31, 2015 12:59PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options