The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Can't find jute in the ebonheart faction beginner areas, what?

Nocturne Saint
Nocturne Saint
✭✭✭
With the way the area was mapped with all the snow, It would make logical sense that jute could not grow here. But if you think of how the devs would handle a beginner area, There should be plenty of jute around. I can't find any. No jute to level tailoring means no keen eye trait :(

Also are there any good addons that automaticially show where jute locations are on the map?
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Harvest Map marks all discovered nodes on your map. Someone probably picked all the jute, there are lots of new players around (and probably a bot or five).
  • Daraugh
    Daraugh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bleakrock Island is a great starter area for finding mats. It's easy to see everything against the snow and all mats are in all locations, no matter the climate. You may have been a minute behind someone else harvesting, happens a lot in low lvl zones. You can level clothing by deconning any light or medium armor that drops, as well as crafting it or researching traits. The actual harvesting doesn't get you any advancement in the skill lines. Anything you decon will usually drop jute or leather that can be reused.
    May all beings have happiness
    May they be free from suffering
    May they find the joy that has never known suffering
    May they be free from attachment and hatred
  • Powtreeman
    Powtreeman
    ✭✭✭
    I remember when I couldn't find jute simply because I didn't know it was a plant.
  • fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I leveled a new AD character through there last week (EU) and had no trouble finding Jute, nor did I see any obvious botting like there was 6 months ago, but I guess it's possible.

@Nocturne_Saint, as @Lanark said you can get to level 2 Tailoring from a bit of deconstruction, or if you're lucky checking every Bookcase you can find and come across the Tailoring one.

Keen Eye is certainly very useful especially when playing when it's evening/night in-game.
    Edited by fromtesonlineb16_ESO on March 30, 2015 3:50PM
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Never had a problem finding it in Bleakrock, and Stonefalls is full of the stuff. Tall plant with yellow flowers - can't miss it.

In fact for weeks afterwards I'd have a flashback whenever I saw a similar plant in real life - generally along the roadside while driving - "Oooo, jute - harvest that!" :)
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jute was the hardest plant for me to find. Still kind of is. Keen Eye helped me to identify the plant. But I find the other cloth plants much easier than Jute for some reason.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Jute was the hardest plant for me to find. Still kind of is. Keen Eye helped me to identify the plant. But I find the other cloth plants much easier than Jute for some reason.

Turning off the grass in the settings will make finding the jute a lot easer. :wink:
    Megaservers: PC NA / EU (sometimes) Xbox NA (sometimes)
    Luxury Furniture Gallery [PC/NA]: Moon-Sugar Meadow
    Website:BenevolentBowd.ca, "Sharing My Notes With the World to Help Others"
    Charity:#GivingTheNewMeta
    ESO Calendarmancer: http://benevolentbowd.ca/calendar (10+ timezones to choose from)
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/BenevolentBowd
    #TeamStackableTreasureMaps
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's really strange, even now, Jute is still harder for me to see. I can see Spidersilk or Flax or Cotton or Ebonthread any of the other raw clothing materials from across the map. Most reagents I can see quite well from a distance, other than Mountain Flower and Columbine.

Jute, I run right over it and except for the pop up telling me I have something to harvest in front of me, I still don't see it. And it's a huge plant too. I used to think it was because the first zones for DC and AD are so green that it blended in. Nope, still not easy to find the stuff in Stonefalls (Zone 1 for EP) and it's all gray there.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fun fact: the ESO jute actually looks quite a bit like the plants we get jute from in real life.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jute#/media/File:Jute_plant.gif
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jute, I run right over it and except for the pop up telling me I have something to harvest in front of me, I still don't see it.

You are suffering from Corcorocerciasis, "Jute blindness". It's a rare affliction, but you won't die from it. Probably.
    Edited by stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO on March 31, 2015 5:53PM