The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Corrosive Armor + Steel Tornado = ???

Rylana
Rylana
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Did someone miss how this would not be absolutely overpowered? A 22 meter diameter circle of execute level damage (with a very high base damage with a good stam/medium/weapon damage setup) with 100 percent armor penetration.

I dunno, ultra stomp synergies within skills irk me.
@rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's the new impulse. Columba, I leave it to you to give us a name for it.
    Edited by Armitas on March 28, 2015 10:18AM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Forgot the part where the DK is also practically immortal while corrosive is up.

There should NEVER be 100 percent armor bypass. Especially not able to used with an AOE skill.
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Think that's bad...try Caster nightblade with Proximity Denotation and Soul Tether combo (and some sap essence)

15k from PD, and 8-9k from Soul Tether..instantly on everything around ya.

• dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no people did not miss it. it s being used. but thanks for posting op combos so that every scrub and their dog can copy it. if it irks you, why would you put it out even more for people to start using? #logic
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    no people did not miss it. it s being used. but thanks for posting op combos so that every scrub and their dog can copy it. if it irks you, why would you put it out even more for people to start using? #logic
    Why should such combos be kept secret? The more scrubs use it, the more it will be noticed, the sooner it will be nerfed tweaked.
    Edited by Lava_Croft on March 29, 2015 7:52AM
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lava_Croft wrote: »
    Why should such combos be kept secret? The more scrubs use it, the more it will be noticed, the sooner it will be nerfed tweaked.

I like how this guy equated a scrub with being someone that wasnt using a super sekrit hax build.

It made me lol tbh.
  • WraithAzraiel
    WraithAzraiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Armitas wrote: »
    It's the new impulse. Columba, I leave it to you to give us a name for it.

Dude, where has he been? I have not seen a recent post from Columba in like 2 months. Someone make sure he's still alive!
    Shendell De'Gull - V14 Vampire Nightblade

Captain of the Black Howling

"There's no such thing as overkill..."

"No problem on the face of the Earth exists what can't be fixed with the proper application of enough duct tape and 550 cord."

P2PBetaTesters
    #Tamriel_BETA_Team
    #BETA_TESTER4LYF
    DominionMasterRace
    #GOAHEADTHEYGOTCANDY
    #SEEMSLEGIT
  • Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Rylana I had a guy try this on me the other day.

He died.

I dunno about you but Corrosive Armor may mitigate 100% of your armor, it doesn't mitigate *** against Roll Dodge or Shields. I almost... Almost... Want to say this is a L2P issue. But I can see how the combination can be somewhat Overpowered, also, Dragonknights aren't immortal with Corrosive Armor. Smack them with skills that bypass everything, like Magicka Detonation or Curse, it'll wreck them, just slower, or you know... Do the same thing you do with a Sap Tank.

AND BACK THE HELL UP!
    L2P :trollface:
    Aldmeri Dominion For Life!
    Crassus Licinius II - DK - V14 - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade NA (The Dragonknight that refuses to go Vampire.)
    N'tel Arlena - NB - V14 - Retired Sap Tank of Haderus NA, Harasser of Many (Also, not a vampire. Goes by nickname Nutella.)

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

Officially Resigned From Cyrodiil As Of 4/15/15 10:24 PM EST.
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Panda244 wrote: »

He died.

I dunno about you but Corrosive Armor may mitigate 100% of your armor, it doesn't mitigate *** against Roll Dodge or Shields. I almost... Almost... Want to say this is a L2P issue. But I can see how the combination can be somewhat Overpowered, also, Dragonknights aren't immortal with Corrosive Armor. Smack them with skills that bypass everything, like Magicka Detonation or Curse, it'll wreck them, just slower, or you know... Do the same thing you do with a Sap Tank.

AND BACK THE HELL UP!

Heh, implying this isnt a theorycraft thread and I died to anyone at all. It actually occurred to me while building my heavy 2h build that id be better off with nado instead of brawler, and it made sense.

But at the end of the day, I didnt have the SPs available to level up dual wield, so I posted the idea hurr.
  • Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rylana wrote: »
    Panda244 wrote: »

He died.

AND BACK THE HELL UP!

Heh, implying this isnt a theorycraft thread and I died to anyone at all. It actually occurred to me while building my heavy 2h build that id be better off with nado instead of brawler, and it made sense.

But at the end of the day, I didnt have the SPs available to level up dual wield, so I posted the idea hurr.
    I never have the skillpoints, got like 150 on Crassus cause I stopped PvE in Greenshade, the main quest still has me in Grahtwood searching for Wormies as Cadwell loves to call them. Still, use 2H for the extra Ult gen morph, or 1h1s, that's what I do, that and roll dodging, you charge your ultimate damn quick. Bout every 20s or so, for my corrosive armor, of course it also costs 15% less because former emp + potentatoes
    Aldmeri Dominion For Life!
    Crassus Licinius II - DK - V14 - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade NA (The Dragonknight that refuses to go Vampire.)
    N'tel Arlena - NB - V14 - Retired Sap Tank of Haderus NA, Harasser of Many (Also, not a vampire. Goes by nickname Nutella.)

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

Officially Resigned From Cyrodiil As Of 4/15/15 10:24 PM EST.
  • exiledtyrant
    exiledtyrant
    ✭✭✭
    What is the problem with whirlwind? It's the weakest of the executes. Hidden blade does almost double the damage of whirlwind until around 15% health. Deadly cloak is about 30% stronger than hidden blade and it's free with only a 1200 or so activation for a stamina build. Magical aoe is stronger because you can stack more persistent aoes together and have direct damage ones with higher base damage than whirlwind. Maybe it's corrosive armor that needs looking at and not one of the very few good duel wield skills.
    If all are brethren
    How could my hands not tremble
    As breath fled my prey?

What blinds my vision?
    My hands are tools; it must be
    The haze of blossoms

-Salous the Penitent
  • EnOeZ
    EnOeZ
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am a stamina DK, I have tested this combo.

It is good on paper, not that good in reality because of the way the ultimate and armor mitigation works (0,0015xArmor).

_ Heavy Armor mitigation is around 30% raw mitigation
    _ Light Armor 7,5% raw mitigation

But you already have around 30% armor penetration with Champion Points, Weapon Traits and Enchants (70% and more with spells) resulting in just

_ Heavy Armor around 20% effective mitigation
    _ Light Armor 5% effective mitigation (I round figures for clarity)

Resulting in the Corrosive armor ultimate, only a 20% damage buff against Heavy Armor users for the best case scenario (or 5% against Light Armor users). Sure you add the small AOE DOT but it's only 1/3rd of banner without the healing debuff and without the slow.

Good DPS-wise ? Yes it's ok, but it would take for example 20 (!!!) full seconds, ie two successive Corrosive Armor Ultimate for the same damage as one instant cast Meteor or 7 (!!!) full seconds for the same damage as the Instant Dragon Leap Ultimate !

In PVP your opponent has the time to heal, flee or CC you... and apart from very optimized fire DOT builds with heal debuff Burst damage > sustain damage in PVP

Survivability with Corrosive Arror is great against few heavy hitting enemies and low against DOTs and/or multiple targets and you still can be CCed (almost negating the ultimate), rooted or slowed.

For DWieldind DK, I find Take Flight/Ferocious Leap ultimates much better since the later give also :
    • very good survivability for 6 sec (ferocious leap)
    • a small stun proccing ruffian passive (+15% damage which is even more damage than the armor penetration from Corrosive)
    • a much needed effective gap closer (and interrupt) for DW DK
    • Instant burst damage (you do not "execute" slowly, right ?)
    • Much cheaper

So NO you do not have to especially worry about that combo. It's good but there are better ultimates alternatives for the DW DK looking for burst damage.

However I do love Corrosive Armor. Always did. Now it's even better <3 and I use it but not in my DW setup.
    Edited by EnOeZ on March 29, 2015 9:14PM
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did someone miss how this would not be absolutely overpowered? A 22 meter diameter circle of execute level damage (with a very high base damage with a good stam/medium/weapon damage setup) with 100 percent armor penetration.

it doesn't last forever. the execute can be blocked or roll-dodge and away. the corrosive also lasted only for so long. like, what, 8 sec?

and i believe it's also interruptable? can user be stunned/knocked while this is happening? this part i'm not sure.

yes, it's an awesome damage dealer, but it doesn't do any CC (stun/knock/root) (oh, hey, how about match it with Dark Talon?).

not OP.

I think...
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • EnOeZ
    EnOeZ
    ✭✭✭✭
    Davadin wrote: »

it doesn't last forever. the execute can be blocked or roll-dodge and away. the corrosive also lasted only for so long. like, what, 8 sec?

and i believe it's also interruptable? can user be stunned/knocked while this is happening? this part i'm not sure.

yes, it's an awesome damage dealer, but it doesn't do any CC (stun/knock/root) (oh, hey, how about match it with Dark Talon?).

not OP.

I think...

Agree, it's not OP.

Very Balanced ultimate. Would love it to go 180 ultimate points though :blush:
  • Gorthax
    Gorthax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People calling for nerfs lol keep it up until we are all hitting each other with rainbow swords that heal our enemies and the skills we all get are spells of happiness and joy >_> learn to read your opponent....you see corrosive armor wait for it to wear off.

In other words:

z9FE2fN.jpg

EDIT: I dont even play DK lol but I see corrosive armor(or any ultimate) used and I keep my distance or avoid said situation until it is in my favor again
    Edited by Gorthax on March 30, 2015 12:48PM
  • kokoandshinb14a_ESO
    every class has access to some quote/unquote.....OP power/skill.

why don't all you naysayers outthere just play the game and enjoy what ZOS has done.

Im positive from a PVE standpoint no one is complaining about this right?

And as far as a PVP standpoint....if you get caught within that very small window of corrosive armor, then that's your fault. There are ways to escape it that are available to every class.
    Edited by kokoandshinb14a_ESO on March 30, 2015 1:03PM
  • xylena
    xylena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    armor penetration and aoe attacks are easily countered by damage shields... i've never had issues countering corrosive armor dks, a couple igneous shields and 1 cc move and by then the effect has ended
    Retired until we break the Tank Meta