The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

PvP/PvE Build tips for first time vr rank players?

SupaBeardyMan
SupaBeardyMan
✭✭
So I rejoined ESO after to subscription was dropped, and I finally got my Khajiit Character to 50. I'm about to start working on my veteran ranks, and would like to learn how to build characters, and what to keep in mind. Anyone know of any "getting started" guides, preferably centered on PvP builds? Or maybe just some tips for a guy new to working with tweaking builds. My character is a Dragonknight, and my first setup is DW. Wondering what other weapon I should train.
  • SupaBeardyMan
    SupaBeardyMan
    ✭✭
    Just so you know, I've already found a couple of build calculators, I'm just not 100% on where to start.
    Options
  • golfer.dub17_ESO
    golfer.dub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Probably going to want a 2Hand as a secondary.

You need a gap closer, dual wield especially. Although you do have chains as a DK, it's not something you can spam as a stamina build. 2Hand also gives Momentum, which increases dual wield damage drastically.
    Edited by golfer.dub17_ESO on March 29, 2015 6:51PM
    Options
  • SupaBeardyMan
    SupaBeardyMan
    ✭✭
    You say "stamina build"; I managed to find one video on the very basics of character building. It seems that if I am using mostly stamina, that's where I want all of my attribute points. However, I have seen around the forums that as of a recent update, a little bit of tanking is a tad more important for DPS builds than it used to be. Should I throw some points into my health as well? Or would a 5 med, 2 heavy armor setup do the trick? And should I enchant my armor for Health or Stamina?

So many questions... Maybe it's one of those things I'll have to keep testing out and fidgeting with. I just don't like the idea of wasting so much gold. My gold flow has been weak up to this point, hopefully I can expect a lot more as a travel to the other zones.
    Edited by SupaBeardyMan on March 29, 2015 9:21PM
    Options
  • SupaBeardyMan
    SupaBeardyMan
    ✭✭
    I will definitely start working on my 2h, though. Thanks for the reply!
    Options
  • golfer.dub17_ESO
    golfer.dub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    You say "stamina build"; I managed to find one video on the very basics of character building. It seems that if I am using mostly stamina, that's where I want all of my attribute points. However, I have seen around the forums that as of a recent update, a little bit of tanking is a tad more important for DPS builds than it used to be. Should I throw some points into my health as well? Or would a 5 med, 2 heavy armor setup do the trick? And should I enchant my armor for Health or Stamina?

You want enough health to survive.

Usually this can be accomplished adequately through various gear and enchantments, not many people split health and stamina.

Gold becomes much easier to get through veteran levels. I can give you a bit of starter money if you want.
    Edited by golfer.dub17_ESO on March 29, 2015 11:59PM
    Options
  • SupaBeardyMan
    SupaBeardyMan
    ✭✭
    Awesome, good to know. So just to clarify, generally don't split attributes, and get some arrangement of enchantments on my armor to enhance my health/armor ratings... then from there, tweak to my liking. Sound like a good starting point?
    Thank you so much for the replies and advice, golfer. No need for the gold, but I truly appreciate the offer. Just glad to hear that it gets easier in vet ranks.
    Edited by SupaBeardyMan on March 30, 2015 1:46AM
    Options