The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

download speed of 3.3MB/s

Polgara
Polgara
✭✭
Hey all, i just got the imperial edition of elder scrolls (woot!) and installed it, however now that it is on the launcher and downloading i would guess the Tamriel files for 1.6 i am gettign a download speed that is horrible and won't speed up. All other bandwidth is cleared, nothing else running and its saying between 3.3 and 3.6 MB/s, with 17,000 MB remaining, i may be here until next week! Anyone else getting this issue?
  • Glurin
    Glurin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Way I figure it you've got about eleven hours of download time if everything remains consistent. Just be patient.

Then you get to wait for the "applying update" time. :naughty:
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster...when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..."
  • Casdha
    Casdha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    that seems pretty good, That is about a 30Mb download speed if you convert it to what it is sold as around my neck of the woods.

MB Mega Byte
    Mb Mega Bit (Most ISPs around here use this measurement for a selling point)

Edit: 17,000/3.6 (MB per second) = 4722.22/60 (seconds in a minute)= 78.7037/60 (minutes in an hour) = 1.31 (or 1 hour and a little over 20 minutes) for the download
    Edited by Casdha on March 25, 2015 5:06AM
    Proud member of the Psijic Order - The first wave - The 0.016%

• Glurin
    Glurin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Casdha wrote: »
    that seems pretty good, That is about a 30Mb download speed if you convert it to what it is sold as around my neck of the woods.

MB Mega Byte
    Mb Mega Bit (Most ISPs around here use this measurement for a selling point)

Edit: 17,000/3.6 (MB per second) = 4722.22/60 (seconds in a minute)= 78.7037/60 (minutes in an hour) = 1.31 (or 1 hour and a little over 20 minutes) for the download

He's far more likely to have a 3.5 Mbps connection than a 30 Mbps connection. (This would not be the first time I've seen people mix up their bits and bytes either. Saw it all the time in one of my old jobs.)

17,000 MBytes * 8 (number of bits in a byte) = 136000 Mbits / 3.5 Mbps = 38857 seconds / 60 seconds = 647 minutes / 60 minutes = 10.79 hours
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster...when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..."
  • Daveheart
    Daveheart
    ✭✭✭✭
    The ESO launcher measures in full MB not Mb (at least mine does). Casdha has it right. I've had to do the math before when thinking that it was going really slowly when in reality, I was actually over my bandwidth cap.
    Daggerfall Covenant (PC-NA)

The Order of Mundus | Nightfighters
  • Casdha
    Casdha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Glurin Mine is cable and I get 60 Mbps on my plan (Charter) I usually get in the 4s on an update but I have hit 7.6 MB per second at times which is slightly over cap for me as well.
    Proud member of the Psijic Order - The first wave - The 0.016%

• Glurin
    Glurin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Daveheart wrote: »
    The ESO launcher measures in full MB not Mb (at least mine does). Casdha has it right. I've had to do the math before when thinking that it was going really slowly when in reality, I was actually over my bandwidth cap.

Does it? Never really paid that much attention to it to be honest and I've seen them represented both ways. I know what my connection speed is and as long as it shows how big the download is I know about how long it's going to take. Don't really care what the rate is as long as it averages out to be where it should be when I come back and check on it later.
  • lunareast
    lunareast
    Be thankful you getting such a high download speed... i'm supposedly closer to the servers geographically wise and am paying for 200mbps fibre connection and yet the launcher is downloading at 110kbps-260kbps.....Ridiculous.

Now before anyone starts saying things like port forwarding, firewall etc etc.. All that has been done, disabled and set. Doesn't help one bit.

Been downloading for the last 8 hours, as of now....it stands at 24%.....fantastic
  • Glurin
    Glurin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Does your ISP have any kind of data caps or throttling policies? They like to bury that sort of stuff in the contract.

My own has a rather notorious reputation for low data caps, both monthly and daily, and stranglehold bandwidth throttling if you go over them. I'd go somewhere else, but they are pretty much the only option right now.
  • pecheckler
    pecheckler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    3.3 mb/s is satisfactory. Steam and origin only dish out about 5-10 MB/s
    End the tedious inventory management game.