The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Oh gawd - they took all my points away HOW DO I REBUILD?!

Katki
Katki
I liked my Tanky DragonKnight - she was cool... but they took all them points away and now I've got to RE-build... HELP!!??? I don't have a bloody clue WHAT to do!
  • Katki
    Katki
    PS. I'm Vet level 4
  • johndawntb14_ESO
    Mostly guess... But read all the tool tips before you do anything. (Just went through same thing with v1 nightblade)
  • Katki
    Katki
    It kinda sucks that they did this - I had a horrible time the FIRST time trying to choose what skills etc. to level up !
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well they did change several skills and the stat ratios. It's going to be like learning to walk again.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • WraithAzraiel
    WraithAzraiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or you can google search ESO DragonKnight builds. And you'll get sites like this:
    http://tamrielfoundry.com/forum/classes/dragonknight-class/
    Shendell De'Gull - V14 Vampire Nightblade

Captain of the Black Howling

"There's no such thing as overkill..."

"No problem on the face of the Earth exists what can't be fixed with the proper application of enough duct tape and 550 cord."

P2PBetaTesters
    #Tamriel_BETA_Team
    #BETA_TESTER4LYF
    DominionMasterRace
    #GOAHEADTHEYGOTCANDY
    #SEEMSLEGIT
  • tiamak
    tiamak
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry to ask, but, you're V4? You actually played you're toon that long? And now you don't know how to distribute your skill points? I really don't want to offend you, but that is ... surprising. Sure, the skills changed quite a bit, but the general idea mostly is the same as before 1.6.

Here's what I did with my V12 main, DK:
    1. Put skill points in all your racial passives. You will want those anyway.
    2. Decide what role you want to play. I went for a melee fighter kind of guy.
    3. Based on 2., decide for your weapons and your armour class. I went for 2H, DW and full medium armour.
    4. Put skill points in weapon and armour passives and actives.
    5. Check your class skills for those that support the role you decided for in 2, put skill points in those skills and a suitable morph.
    6. Put skill points in your class passives.
    7. Check the guild skills (acitves and passives) and invest as you please.
    8. Put skill points in crafting passives you want to use.

You can mess around with the order here. Maybe, you want your role to be defined by your class skills. Then activate those first and then look for a weapon that suits those skills best. Maybe, you want to be a crafter. Then invest there first.

So far, I'm done with rebuilding my char. And I even have about 50 skill points that I have yet to place, so, lots of space to finetune.

The most important thing: Have fun trying out your build! :smile:
    Edited by tiamak on March 21, 2015 10:28AM
  • Head.hunter
    Head.hunter
    ✭✭✭
    At least you do get a chance to put points in useful active abilities so you can avoid the ones you never used.

I'm with you though, after having been absent from the game for months it's hard re-learning all these trees.
    I'm just a banana from another dimension.
  • Katki
    Katki
    Ya I know! I had a fight with a bunch of skeevers tonight, 5 I think, and they were all Level 4. I BARELY managed to survive it and got killed shortly after by some Ice Wraiths. After deciding that it MUST be a 'group' dungeon I quickly allocated a bunch of those points, but still have 37 or so more luckily - Hopefully I did something right with the points... guess I'll find out tomorrow!
    I can't even remember what you call the stupid books to learn different armor types I was going to ask via zone chat but drew a complete blank... :/
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Katki wrote: »
    I can't even remember what you call the stupid books to learn different armor types I was going to ask via zone chat but drew a complete blank... :/
    Motifs
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●