The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Friend in group disappearing

Grazzt
Grazzt
✭✭✭
Hello everyone !

I had the strangest experience this morning : as I'm new to this game, a friend of mine came to show me around, we met in a town and everything was fine but as soon as we left it we couldn't see each other anymore :o

When we entered the town again, we could see each other again, but everytime we left the town the only thing we could see was the little crown icon, and our name in the Group window was grayed-out ...

I was lv.4 and he was lv.14 I think, is it maybe because of that ?
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There are quests that change the environment (e.g. when a town is attacked and you defeat the attackers).
    If one of you has done such a quest and the other one hasn't done it, you won't be able to see each other while you are in the area which is effected by the quest.
  • Grazzt
    Grazzt
    ✭✭✭
    Ah ok, maybe it was because of that then !

Well, too bad, I'll just have to figure things on my own then :p

Thanks !
  • Ysne58
    Ysne58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's called phasing and is one of the challenges to keeping people in a group. It's been a frustration since Beta.
  • Grazzt
    Grazzt
    ✭✭✭
    Well, yes, I understand, it's weird (to say the least) that you're unable to stay with your groupped friend :/
  • Ysne58
    Ysne58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was trying to help another friend with a quest last night that I had already completed and because of this was unable to do so. Fortunately someone else came along who happened to be on the same quest stage and they were able to complete it together.