The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
The connection issues for the North American megaservers have been resolved at this time. If you continue to experience difficulties at login, please restart your client. Thank you for your patience!

[suggestion] How Emperorship works

EruEarendel
EruEarendel
Soul Shriven
Hello everyone!
I would like to share just an idea of how Emperorship could work that came through my mind.

What if? You are first on the leaderboard,that's your time,you become the Emperor! and you defend it as long as you can,but after you have fallen,you move on a different leaderboard with ex-emperors that you compete with them.So,the Emperor of your alliance for the campaign refreshes every few hours?days? and they compete with each other for who stayed Emperor for longer.I feel like that would make it more fun for people that are on the top 20 on leaderboard for example to keep fighting to become emperors and don't loose hope after the first few weeks.
Also for the people that are Emperors at the time,to respect that time more than now.To try and make the best defense possible so they can keep their Emperorship longer than all the others.Because at the moment if you were an Emperor for 2 days or 2 hours it doesn't make much of a difference.The leaderboard of the top Emperors could be really fun, so you remember "ooh that guy was an Emperor for 5 days,good times" etc.I think it gives more meaning to good Emperorship!
Emperors will come and fall..but few will be remembered!

I haven't thought much of it and it's problems,or if it's fair or not (i know almost everyone will become an emperor after a long term,but as i said only the good ones will be remembered),i haven't played that much pvp anyway as other players to be able to judge better than them.I just put it out there so i don't forget it and share it. :)

Regards Eru
“Not only do we live among the stars, the stars live within us.”
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The idea that one can only be emperor once (per campaign, overall, whatever) is not new.
    I don't like it because it punishes players for getting emperor at a time when they can not hold it for long and because it makes more people emperor (yes, I actually want (ex-)emperor to be something special, even after all that farming).
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
    Options
  • LegendaryMage
    LegendaryMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ToRelax wrote: »
    The idea that one can only be emperor once (per campaign, overall, whatever) is not new.
    I don't like it because it punishes players for getting emperor at a time when they can not hold it for long and because it makes more people emperor (yes, I actually want (ex-)emperor to be something special, even after all that farming).

I think the only thing I disliked about emperorship is that we had offline emperors so many times, the crown should have been given to someone else so the game can always 'have' an emperor if one is crowned.
    Options
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ToRelax wrote: »

I think the only thing I disliked about emperorship is that we had offline emperors so many times, the crown should have been given to someone else so the game can always 'have' an emperor if one is crowned.

And I wouldn't have a problem with that if it wouldn't make farming so much easier again. You don't even need to be on the top now, just nightcap on a campaign that is empty at night and get emp with some luck, if it does not work you can just try tomorrow again GG.

Edit: I would still like if they just did away with ex title and skill line alltogether... as if that'd ever happen.
    Edited by ToRelax on March 27, 2015 5:27PM
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
    Options
  • Valnas
    Valnas
    ✭✭✭✭
    there should just be an abdication check box. if you aren't gonna be on or just plain don't want it, you should have an option besides being not present or dropping.
    Fluph Head EP sorc dank magus
    valnäs EP nb
    opHotterslol AD dk
    Options
  • LegendaryMage
    LegendaryMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, so keep the title just for the sake of having it but no reduced benefits while not emp. I don't see any passive benefits for achieving vet DSA or something like that, you get the title and that's it. Not happy with the title? Don't do it. Farming problem solved, just like that.
    Options
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    1. no one gives a flying fudge about emperor ship anymore. hundreds of emperor farmers ruined the title.

2. not a bad idea.
    Options
  • Hypertionb14_ESO
    Hypertionb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i do like the idea of a Emperor Leader board, Being Unique to each campaign and being a record of the longest kept emperorships.

this and the idea of making the Passive line require leveling to unlock the entire line of passives would make keeping emperor a real challenge and goal.
    I play every class in every situation. I love them all.
    Options