Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Returning Player Looking for some help

Masked_Baboon
Hey folks,

I am returning to ESO to give it another shot after all the improvements. I never made it very far at the launch of the game, sadly. Are there any suggestions for class/race combos and builds for a returning player? I usually play Melee/Bruiser type characters but am open to anything.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Recent changes to Stamina now mean that any build is viable in PvE leveling/Silver/Gold

Short answer, currently Templars are the best class to learn the game with. My Templar never dies due to all the self heals they have. Dragon Knight is another one that is easier to learn the game with.

However now since everything scales to Stamina or Magic, then hybrids are gimped. You make your real choice to go Stamina or Magic when you start morphing your skills. So, pick Magic or Stamina as a focus and go all in on that, both Attributes and Glyphs and Morphs. I still put some points into Health or the other stat depending on the character, but it's now like 4 to 1 if I do. But once you decide, pick the skills and skill morphs to use that scale from the Attribute your going to focus on.

Other than that, unless end game Trials or PvP are your Focus, roll whatever class you think would be fun to play.

Also, note, that Light Armor is now really like light armor. So, if you go magic and use light armor for the passives, then you need to put a heavy armor curaiss and helm or greaves on your character if you want to survive much, especially up close. Medium is pretty good as is, so go with what you want there.

Skills now scale from the attribute that sources them, as in, use Magic, then the damage scales from Magic, same with Stamina with damage scaling from Stamina/Weapon Damage. There may or may not be a bug currently that also scales weapon attacks from base weapon damage, but for leveling, that is not something to worry about.
    Edited by Nestor on March 27, 2015 10:03PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"