Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Leveling BlackSmithing, Clothier, Woodworking all the way to 50

jarydf
jarydf
✭✭✭✭
Hello,

I gather you unlock being able to make vr14 armor / weapons at level 40 of Blacksmithing, Clothier and woodworking. If you level all the way to 50 in the tree is the armor and weapons stronger in some way than the same armor / weapon made by someone with level 40 proficiency in the same crafting skill?

Thanks.
  • fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, skill proficiency has no impact on gear quality.
    Edited by fromtesonlineb16_ESO on March 25, 2015 8:42AM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most Crafting Professions have no need to be taken beyond L40 or so. I think there is one skill unlock between 40 and 50 for each profession, but not one that is needed to make VR14 Gear. Usually it's a Research or Hireling Passive

The only exception to this is you need one craft at 50 in order to learn Daedric.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are also some Achievements associated with reaching 50 in the crafting skills.
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have also heard that being higher level in a profession weights the RNG more in your favor when getting mats from hirelings and refining and deconstructing. So someone at Level 40 Blacksmithing might have a 5% chance at a Grain Solvent and 1% chance of getting a Tempering Alloy from refining while someone at Level 50 Blacksmithing might have a 6% chance at a Grain Solvent and a 1.1% chance of getting a Tempering Alloy from refining.

I have no idea if that is true, though. The RNG algorithm is opaque by design and people always have pet theories about what is going on behind the scenes. Could be a digital urban legend.
  • fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »
    I have also heard that being higher level in a profession weights the RNG more in your favor when getting mats from hirelings and refining and deconstructing..
    I can say from personal experience it's CHARACTER level that determines mat drops from deconning, when leveling my Blacksmith I saw this very, very clearly. Hirelings get you mats based on your CRAFTING skill already, not sure what you else you think it may determine in that respect.

Edited by fromtesonlineb16_ESO on March 25, 2015 3:56PM
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Most Crafting Professions have no need to be taken beyond L40 or so. I think there is one skill unlock between 40 and 50 for each profession, but not one that is needed to make VR14 Gear. Usually it's a Research or Hireling Passive

The only exception to this is you need one craft at 50 in order to learn Daedric.

You need a craft at 50 for Dwemer too and to be VR9. I have a dwemer axe page in my inventory that I'm not high enough to learn for those reasons :).
    Oooh look, lot's of Butterflies! Wait! Butterflies? Get out of here Sheo, stop bugging me!

Having issues with Provisioning Writs? A list of problem Writs and people willing to help in game can be found in this Thread
  • Jackles
    Jackles
    Nestor wrote: »
    That's interesting.

Are all 'special' motifs similar or is it exclusive to Daedric and Dwemer?

NA, AD, V14 Breton Sorcerer (:
  • Mumnoch
    Mumnoch
    ✭✭✭
    I have a lvl 23 DK that is 50 clothier and blacksmith who has learned the Daedric motif. Just a FYI.