Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How do I expand my inventory bag?

Shemika
Shemika
Hi Everyone, can someone please tell me how to expand my inventory bag? I didn't want to dump my crafting items in the bank but inventory
getting filled up fast. I looked in the crown store but didn't see anything to buy to expand it. I am level 6 do I have to be a higher level to
expand inventory?
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You find a pack merchant in any major city and pay in game gold to upgrade it :)

PS. You can still use your crafting mats while at a crafting station when they are in the bank. Bank is a good spot for crafting mats.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Kragorn
    Kragorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Shemika finding them can be a bit of a pain, hunting the vendor areas. Look for a logo of a coin-purse with a short pointing-arrow (symbolically 'expanding' the bag) on vendors' red banners, or on the mini-map mouse-over the white icons where traders are and look for the same icon against the vendor's name.

The first 10 slots will cost you 400g, the second 10 are 2000, the third 10 are 5,900, the fourth 10 cost 11,000 .. after they I forget as I rarely go beyond 4 inventory expansions, getting a horse means you can get an extra slot per day for 250g, which after the second 10 expansion is the cheapest gold-per-slot value in the game.
    Edited by Kragorn on March 18, 2015 10:06AM
  • Rokal
    Rokal
    ✭✭
    To piggy back on OP's thread... do you know if when you have used the horse trainer to expand your bags by the extra 60 slot max, if that max is universal... meaning I can't expand through a bag vendor anymore, or it's just the most the horse can add, and I can still add space via the vendor?

Thanks.
    Thank you.

Take care,
    Rokal, NoOb Extraordinaire
  • Glierhuin
    Glierhuin
    ✭✭✭
    Rokal wrote: »
    To piggy back on OP's thread... do you know if when you have used the horse trainer to expand your bags by the extra 60 slot max, if that max is universal... meaning I can't expand through a bag vendor anymore, or it's just the most the horse can add, and I can still add space via the vendor?

Thanks.

It all adds up. You can benefit from maximum horse bags and vendor back expansions will still increase that further
    I have approximate knowledge of many things.
  • Kragorn
    Kragorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just another point on cost, it costs a LOT more to expand your account bank than it does a character's inventory so unless you're planning on creating more than one character maximise your character before expanding the bank more than one or two times.

Taken from http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Bank
    1,000 GoldIcon to store 70 items
    3,300 GoldIcon to store 80 items
    6,800 GoldIcon to store 90 items
    11,400 GoldIcon to store 100 items
    20,500 GoldIcon to store 110 items
    28,300GoldIcon to store 120 items
    31,700 GoldIcon to store 130 items
    37,500 GoldIcon to store 140 items
    42,700 GoldIcon to store 150 items
    45,000 GoldIcon to store 160 items
    50,000 GoldIcon to store 170 items
    55,000 GoldIcon to store 180 items
    60,000 GoldIcon to store 190 items
    65,000 GoldIcon to store 200 items
    70,000 GoldIcon to store 210 items
    75,000 GoldIcon to store 220 items
    80,000 GoldIcon to store 230 items
    85,000 GoldIcon to store 240 items
    Edited by Kragorn on March 18, 2015 12:13PM
  • Shemika
    Shemika
    Thanks Everyone who replied, I truly appreciate learning from all of you.
    Does Daggerfall have a vendor that will expand the inventory? If not which location ?
    I didn't know my horse could carry inventory. I buy saddle bag at bag inventory?
    Thanks for teaching me that bank holding crafting items is still accessible when I craft. I thought
    if I wasn't carrying items I couldn't use them to craft. I am a newbie and getting crash course in learning. :)
  • Shemika
    Shemika
    Where do I go to sharpen a staff? What inventory item do I need to sharpen staff?
    Thanks again there is so much to learn with this game.
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Shemika wrote: »
    Where do I go to sharpen a staff? What inventory item do I need to sharpen staff?

If I follow you correctly, you are now talking about crafting. 'Sharpened' is a weapon trait. It is added to any weapon at the time it is created. However, you first have to 'research' the trait using an item with that trait before you can create new items with that trait. EVERY item trait is learned separately, and research times double with each trait learned on an item. You will need 'trait stones' for the specific trait as well when creating a item with specific traits.

Once you get to level 6, check out the crafting writs. They are a good tutorial and training assist. For more info, you can look here.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does Daggerfall have a vendor that will expand the inventory? If not which location ?
    I didn't know my horse could carry inventory. I buy saddle bag at bag inventory?

Most major towns have a Pack Merchant. Sometimes in the bank, sometimes near the bank, sometimes near other merchants. The one is Daggerfall is outside the bank, near a cart that is between the blacksmithing station and the bank. His tag says Pack Merchant.

You increase your horse bags at the stable. For Daggerfall, he is just outside the gate near the bank. Or there is one more in the center of the city near the woodworking station.

Sharp is a trait that you have applied to a weapon. It is done during crafting. You need to learn the trait before you can craft an item with the trait. To learn the trait you have to research an item that has the trait you want. Then you can make that same item with that trait. Each item you want to apply a trait to you have to learn that trait. Once you know the trait, then you need a Trait Gem to be used while crafting. Those are easy to find.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Shemika
    Shemika
    Thanks to all who kindly took the time to answer my questions.