The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Vampire=Wet paper?

TherrusD
TherrusD
My guess is if my character WAS a wet paper it would help decrease the fire damage, lol.
I'm currently dying very often probably because I'm a vampire.
I've recently changed builds 3 times from mage to melee fighter to mage again and I gotta say that as a mage I was even more tanky then fighter but my issue is I still die very often(and need to use swarm every time I get attacked by 2+ otherwise I die).
I'm playing a dunmer templar(as a mage with 5/2 light/heavy) and am VR1 currently. Anyone got any hints to increase my survivability?
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TherrusD wrote: »
    My guess is if my character WAS a wet paper it would help decrease the fire damage, lol.
    I'm currently dying very often probably because I'm a vampire.
    I've recently changed builds 3 times from mage to melee fighter to mage again and I gotta say that as a mage I was even more tanky then fighter but my issue is I still die very often(and need to use swarm every time I get attacked by 2+ otherwise I die).
    I'm playing a dunmer templar(as a mage with 5/2 light/heavy) and am VR1 currently. Anyone got any hints to increase my survivability?
    It has nothing to do with you being a Vampire unless you're a really bad Vampire that has zero fire resistance. Surviving as a Vampire is often times easier than non-Vamp. As for suggestions to help you survive longer:
    • Don't be VR1 (VR14's with 30K Health can be melted in 2-4 seconds, we actually feel bad for "lowbies" we kill, but only for about 5 seconds then we get on with our lives).
    • Wear 5H/2L instead of the other way around (yes you CAN still heal in it, look into 5pc Warlock as your 2nd set).
    • Use one of the damage reduction sets like Construct, Bastion, etc.
    • Point more into "Resistant" in the CS.
    • Point more into X Armor Focus in the CS (your 5pc choice).
    • Point more into Elemental Defender in the CS (even if you're not a Vamp, MANY Fire Ballista now).
    • Point more into Thick Skinned in the CS.
    • Point more into Spell Shield in the CS (helps with Jesus Beam, Meteor, etc).
    • L2Shield spam, no seriously.
    • You're a Templar, stand back~Jesus Beam~repeat~profit.
    Edited by DeLindsay on March 25, 2015 11:37AM
  • TherrusD
    TherrusD
    I think I should have mentioned that it is pve I'm having issues with. I cant solo anything anymore. I was able to finish every group boss, public dungeon and so on. But once I hit vr1 I was unable to do most of these and even have issues with normal elites that can one-shot me with just one attack(the "starter" island from daggerfall had that dwemer ruin where one Dwemer Construct literally oneshot me).
    I got about 14-15k HP I think(put about half my points in HP), every red champion point I get goes into defense and my armor is up to date(Vr1 greens and blues).
    Even when I shield myself with Blazing Shield it instantly gets destroyed. ONLY thing I can do is spam my spear and even that can't save me against the tougher foes.
    Am I doing something wrong?
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For PvE it takes a bit to get used to Veteran Zones when you first get to them. Just keep at it and you will find your stride. Later on I can 100% guarantee you that soloing packs of 6-7 or 2 packs combined in Craglorn will be no issue for you, even a few levels below them. Check out Crafting some of your gear and use sets that add Physical Resistance (Armor, no idea why they changed the wording) if you're taking too much damage from melee, Archers, etc. If you are being destroyed by Casters then look into making sets with Spell Resistance on them. If you also don't have much issue with resources you can toss whichever dmg type is causing you issues on your Jewelry for boost it.