Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Werewolf or vampire for redguard nightblade

pecheckler
pecheckler
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm a Redguard AD nightblade and need help deciding between vampire and werewolf. I love dual dagger assassination stealth type play, which is something I never got to experience having played every templar playstyle up to VR6. My templar never went either werewolf or vampire. I do not intend to ever wield a staff with the nightblade, but I may develop tanking skills at later levels. The way I see it is that werewolf has only one benefit, more stamina regen. And I intend to be very stamina heavy. Still, vampire abilities seem to synergize so much more well with my play-style.

Feedback to help me decide appreciated.
End the tedious inventory management game.
  • Glurin
    Glurin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Werewolf is meant to be a "turn into a monster and wreck the place" sort of thing. As such, you will not get any benefit from it unless you intend on using it.

Vampire is more of a constant benefit that you don't have to have any abilities slotted from in order to take advantage of the passives. But you'll be weaker to fire, which is quite common, as well as fighters guild abilities. Also you'll go all pasty white and attract emo teenagers.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster...when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..."
  • Romen88
    Romen88
    Soul Shriven
    Last I heard the werewolf gets a permanent 15% stamina regen boost while in combat. That goes for human form or werewolf form.
  • kodo
    kodo
    ✭✭
    werwwolf. this way u call the shots.when u feel like becoming an animal,there u go.also climbing the ranks is quite fast,
    it's super powerful, u decide when u wanna turn, u dont have to feed every hour like vamps.no obligations.
    and believe me, once u turn to ww, you'll love it! the process is amazing.
    Edited by kodo on March 22, 2015 11:12PM
  • Glurin
    Glurin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Romen88 wrote: »
    Last I heard the werewolf gets a permanent 15% stamina regen boost while in combat. That goes for human form or werewolf form.

Ah, right, forgot about that. Still trying to catch up on all the changes that have been made in my absence. I think the poison weakness still affects you as well though.

But that's pretty much the only benefit while in human form.
    kodo wrote: »
    werwwolf. this way u call the shots.when u feel like becoming an animal,there u go.also climbing the ranks is quite fast,
    it's super powerful, u decide when u wanna turn, u dont have to feed every hour like vamps.no obligations.
    and believe me, once u turn to ww, you'll love it! the process is amazing.

Well, climbing the ranks in werewolf is fast. Leveling the skills takes some time though. You can put them on your human form bar to gain XP, but they just sit there taking up slots. Otherwise you only gain XP for them in werewolf form.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster...when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..."
  • azoriangaming
    azoriangaming
    ✭✭✭✭
    werewolf is defo the way to go with stamina builds (dual wield build your playing) in pve and pvp as you get the 15% stamina regen while in combat without any negative affects in human form.

sadly while vampire is fun to play they're very weak in pve due to the insane dmg they take from fire, stage1 10% more fire dmg, stage 2 20% more fire dmg, stage 3 30% fire dmg and finally stage 4 is a whopping 40% extra you take in fire dmg and this game is very fire dmg based in dungeons and end game content, you could put a few fire resist glyphs on your neck and rings but at a cost of other important things e.g dmg.

hope this has helped making your choice a little easier and which ever you choose remember it's all about you having fun in the game.

• omfgitsbatman
    omfgitsbatman
    ✭✭✭✭
    werewolf is defo the way to go with stamina builds (dual wield build your playing) in pve and pvp as you get the 15% stamina regen while in combat without any negative affects in human form.

sadly while vampire is fun to play they're very weak in pve due to the insane dmg they take from fire, stage1 10% more fire dmg, stage 2 20% more fire dmg, stage 3 30% fire dmg and finally stage 4 is a whopping 40% extra you take in fire dmg and this game is very fire dmg based in dungeons and end game content, you could put a few fire resist glyphs on your neck and rings but at a cost of other important things e.g dmg.

hope this has helped making your choice a little easier and which ever you choose remember it's all about you having fun in the game.

This. There are many drawbacks to being a vampire. There are 0 drawbacks to being a werewolf if you never transform. I am a healer and I'm a werewolf because there is absolutely no reason to not be. I never even slot a werewolf ability. I don't have any points into the tree, and I get a free 15% stamina regen passive. This would be even better if I played a stamina based toon.
    I will never go vampire, because the negatives outweigh the positives for me, but with a 0 negative to 1 positive for being a werewolf in human form, the choice is simple.
    He's the healer Tamriel deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hurt his tank. Because he can heal them to full. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful rejuvinator. A Cloaked Healer.

@Omfgitsbatman PC/NA
    Ticktick-Argonian Nightblade Healer/Magicka DPS
    Tinytick- Imperial DK Tank
    Wuches Y'Shaur- V16 High Elf Sorc Magicka DPS
    Ticktator- Dunmer DK Magicka DPS
    Tick Head- Dark Elf Magicka NB DPS

GM:
    Mercs Of Sovngarde (EP/NA): AA (HM), HRC (HM), VSO (HM), VDSA, VMSA complete
    Vet Maw 4/5

• pecheckler
    pecheckler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's the earliest level a nightblade can handle the werewolf quest. Im guessing the only difficulty would be the mammoth fight, assuming the game still let's travel to players in zones that are way above our level. My nightblade is still level 13. I did the werewolf quest on the templar last night.
  • kokoandshinb14a_ESO
    remember too that the real benefit of WW is the 15% stam regen AND ALSO NOT HAVING THE DOWNSIDE OF POISON susceptibility if in human form.

Vamps always have 4 stages of vampirisim, always have negative health regen, and always have fire susceptibility.
  • Borders
    Borders
    ✭✭
    pecheckler wrote: »
    What's the earliest level a nightblade can handle the werewolf quest. Im guessing the only difficulty would be the mammoth fight, assuming the game still let's travel to players in zones that are way above our level. My nightblade is still level 13. I did the werewolf quest on the templar last night.

The quest now scales to your level so when ever you can get to the alter to get bit you should be able to do it.
  • pecheckler
    pecheckler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Players can still join parties and teleport to any zone, even those they haven't been too before, right?
    Edited by pecheckler on March 25, 2015 4:01AM