The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

CraftStore replacement

Ourorboros
Ourorboros
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
For many crafters, CraftStore add-on was the choice for tracking trait research. Sadly, the author withdrew support for it and only those who installed it prior to that event still have access to it, though now with UI errors. In search of a replacement, I tried Research Buddy 2. This add-on has the best trait display since Craftstore, showing all research in a single view. It does require multiple views for other information, such as timers, but it has the added advantage of highlighting trait status on items in inventory, including bank and guild vendors. This effectively means it can replace both CraftStore and Research Assistant. It also tracks Dwemer pages. While I still prefer CraftStore, since it is now unsupported, Research Buddy 2 is a good replacement.

BTW, I'm just an end user, no affiliation with any add-on authors.
Edited by Ourorboros on January 10, 2015 10:23PM
PC/NA/DC
Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    AI Research Grid is pretty good and they keeping improving it, but they haven't added inventory referencing, instead recommending Research Assistant.
    Oooh look, lot's of Butterflies! Wait! Butterflies? Get out of here Sheo, stop bugging me!

Having issues with Provisioning Writs? A list of problem Writs and people willing to help in game can be found in this Thread
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    AI Research Grid is pretty good and they keeping improving it, but they haven't added inventory referencing, instead recommending Research Assistant.
    I've used AI Research. Another good choice in place of CraftStore. However, each smith's traits is on it's own page view. I liked that Research Buddy 2 has a one page view of all trait research. And you can see all toons in same account from a drop down once you log into them.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ourorboros wrote: »
    I've used AI Research. Another good choice in place of CraftStore. However, each smith's traits is on it's own page view. I liked that Research Buddy 2 has a one page view of all trait research. And you can see all toons in same account from a drop down once you log into them.

Yeah, I think I mentioned my preference for a single page view on a different thread. I was going to this add-on a go after I stopped cooking stuff.

#edit I am however not a fan of third party libraries. I forgot about the need for Wykkyd's stuff for RB2.
    Edited by Woolenthreads on January 11, 2015 2:51AM
    Oooh look, lot's of Butterflies! Wait! Butterflies? Get out of here Sheo, stop bugging me!

Having issues with Provisioning Writs? A list of problem Writs and people willing to help in game can be found in this Thread
  • fauqur
    fauqur
    Since the games release I have gone back and forth on minimizing add-ons. Crafting was one I was always bouncing around on. Craft Store was a great add-on, but it was also buggy. I still depended on it for research items, when it was working. I have also tried AI Research Grid recently but for quick reference, screenshot ease, multiple character integration/comparison, and keybinding options; ResearchBuddy2 is my vote.

The Wykkyd Framework allows me to bundle a lot of different options. So you have to weigh it vs the multiple single function add-ons it replaces.

Of course it is just what works for me.
    "... the fact is that all 'time' is simultaneous" ~ Seth [Nature of Personal Reality]
    "The only reason for time, is so that everything doesn't happen at once" ~ Albert Einstein

• Aiko
    Aiko
    ✭✭✭
    I'm using AI Research Grid together with Research Assistant.
    Everything you need :)

- All Chars visibile from every char
    - Shows learned Motifs
    - Automatic Research Timer visible from every char

Together wie Research Assistant, which shows you if an Item has a Trait you still need, everything is covert.

You can configure which chars does what job. If you for example have a crafting char like me, you can configure Research Assistant to only show you traits your crafting char needs (since you non-crafting char probably need all of them).

Fast is fine, but accurate is final.
  • ghofmann
    ghofmann
    ✭✭
    Quick question, how can you tell what other characters need with research assistant? For example, if I have a sword with the precise trait in my bag and the research assistant icon is grey, meaning i have researched that trait for the sword already, how would I know if my other character has researched it or not? Is there a drop down somewhere or something?
  • Garkin
    Garkin
    ✭✭✭
    ghofmann wrote: »
    Quick question, how can you tell what other characters need with research assistant? For example, if I have a sword with the precise trait in my bag and the research assistant icon is grey, meaning i have researched that trait for the sword already, how would I know if my other character has researched it or not? Is there a drop down somewhere or something?

All icons are valid for character which you have selected in addon settings - just change name of your crafter character.
    Garkin / EU / CSF guild
    My addons: SkyShards, LoreBooks, Dustman, Map Coordinates, No, thank you, ... (full list)
    I'm taking care of: Azurah - Interface Enhanced, Srendarr - Aura, Buff & Debuff Tracker and more
    My folder with updated/modified addons: DROPBOX