Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Recount - Combat Analytics - Combat Logs Statistics - FTC : Good but not what we all want.

Xence
Xence
✭✭
Hi,

The reason i'm talking to you on this day is simple, I love this game but there is something I miss. The title should help you find what i'm talking about : The recount. It is the only true way we (the dps) have to compare our p*nis, our way of life, our Damages, Damages per second and healers to find who've saving more lives.

To do so we all have to link it in the chat wich is spam and some (who aren't satisfy by the size of the engine) won't link it so we can't compare properly what is going on and who got the bigger. Moreover, when we create groups we have no idea who's not doing anything and who's working is *ss off to beat the sh*t out of the 10 meters beast we face. Of course, it is possible by deduction or observation but we won't have any proof.

I clearly don't intend to demand any sort of work who can't be done, so i'm wondering if this is possible : create an addon that show, not only your dps but every dps of the entire group you're in. This is why i'm asking all of you if you know or may know or have heard of someone who can create and realease the best and soon-to-be more downloaded addon in the history of The Elder Scrolls : Online.

Thanks for taking the time to read my childish request,

Toki.
Toki Xa'm - Lamenoire. Je réalise des guides. Parfois, je joue.
  • JaXx64
    JaXx64
    ✭✭✭
    +1
  • pppontus
    pppontus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Inb4 storm of "casual players" flaming because this would make it harder to get carried through content.
  • tengri
    tengri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No need to flame anything because it is not possible - the API does not have access to that data of other ppl.
  • Xence
    Xence
    ✭✭
    This is a shame :neutral:
  • Ayantir
    Ayantir
    ✭✭✭✭
    No need to flame anything because it is not possible - the API does not have access to that data of other ppl.
    This.

Ask to ZOS, not addon authors.
    Obsessive Compulsive Elder Scrolls addons Coder
    A Few millions downloads of ESO addons now.
    Master crafter on my main char since release. All tradeskills, recipes \o/, researchs (since long), 35 styles known
    My little french Guild: Cercle de l'Eveil
  • oRioNoTime
    oRioNoTime
    ✭✭✭
    +1

I don't care if people don't min-max their build but at least I pretend to play with people who cares to improve.
    While doing trials with randoms only 1/3 of the players show their dps and probably the others have 5k dps or less burying the entire raid.

MOST OF THE END GAME CONTENT IS A DPS RACE, WHY WE CAN'T CHOOSE TO PLAY WITH PEOPLE WITH HIGH DPS?
    Orio N - Nightblade Caster - DC EU - First Ruler of Auriel's Bow
  • Xence
    Xence
    ✭✭
    Well i guess ZOS is reading this as well as the messages we send them. I think a forum topic can move things forward quicker and better than a single message because not everybody has the envy or the "courage" to ask his specific needs to be add in the game.

If someone see a topic (mine for example) and agree with the autor, I think it's easier for him to just comment here. ^^
  • Sacadon
    Sacadon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS had this and a wealth of other info in the API they feared would cause more negatives than positives associated with the comparing of players performance and pulled it before launch. There are even timers/throttles on the frequency of updating data to other areas in the game to prevent this sort of thing. For example, guild banks can be accessed by multiple players. So ZOS prevents us from using them as a central storage mechanism to work around programmatic comms between players. Notice that the addons only paste the text in chat? This is because ZOS locked down programmaticaly sending of chats, mostly to combat gold farming chat spammers though.

There are threads as recent as the last few months on this between addon authors still trying to creatively do next-best. There is always a way of course, but most of these I expect would violate the TOS and if not then it's probably a significant enough of a of a loophole that ZOS would understandably lock it down once found. But just because it has not been thought of yet doesn't mean it cannot be done.

So if you think you've got a good idea, share it in the addon forums (esoui) and if feasible, I would bet real money an that an addon author would pick it up immediately.
  • Xence
    Xence
    ✭✭
    Thanks for your reply i'm going to do this right now :smile:
  • xMovingTarget
    xMovingTarget
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There is no way to implement that. Zeni restricted the API. You cant grab other ppls dps etc. Back when 1.3 came out, for 2 days we could see other ppls dps in FTC. But they restricted it again.

So unless Zeni let us grab that information through the API, we cant access it. No Addonmaker is able to do that.
  • Garkin
    Garkin
    ✭✭✭
    Even if you can't track DPS of each group member separately, you are able to detect changes in health of unit with unique unitTag. So you can get something what is not DPS as you know it, it is effective group damage per second to some unit. This will work for bosses (they have unitTag "boss1"-"boss6"), for other units it will be difficult, because there is no way to get accurate numbers for "target" or "reticleover" when fighting with group of mobs with the same name.

However - there is no way to accurately tell how much damage you did to that unit in case that you fight with more then one unit, because in combat log is damage to all targets, not just to the unit you want.
    Garkin / EU / CSF guild
    My addons: SkyShards, LoreBooks, Dustman, Map Coordinates, No, thank you, ... (full list)
    I'm taking care of: Azurah - Interface Enhanced, Srendarr - Aura, Buff & Debuff Tracker and more
    My folder with updated/modified addons: DROPBOX
  • Islyn
    Islyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    +1

I don't care if people don't min-max their build but at least I pretend to play with people who cares to improve.
    While doing trials with randoms only 1/3 of the players show their dps and probably the others have 5k dps or less burying the entire raid.

MOST OF THE END GAME CONTENT IS A DPS RACE, WHY WE CAN'T CHOOSE TO PLAY WITH PEOPLE WITH HIGH DPS?

So you do not bring people who won't post it.

This is not that hard. Also? DPS race true - but pre patch max you needed for AA for example, per person, was about 600. Sure it is better, faster stronger with more - but good end game guilds won't bring you to the table if you can't share what you're bringing anyway.

So only bring people who post or get in a guild that does (and Hi! Toki! Miss you! How's Sativa? Xo Isy)
  • Xence
    Xence
    ✭✭
    I see, they would have to make this change again but with some other restrictions.
    I'm particulary excited for this changes to happen, cause it's the only PVE missing thing in this awesome game :-( (in my opinion obviously)
  • Xence
    Xence
    ✭✭
    Islyn : This is a good point but there is an example of people who don't give a damn or take the time to think about the dps they're making. Some call them "noobs" other "moron", "idiot" "f*ckers" ... etc i prefer to call them "lazy *ss f*ck" and we have no clue they're in our group. (Hi ! Miss my jokes <3 ?)

This addon (if he could be) would prevent a lot of troubles especially when you're trying really hard and can't figure why you can't defeat the boss. (Obviously, this doesn't happen in dungeon where you can clearly see if the other dps is m*sturbating during the fight.)
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    In one ESO live episode they said something along the lines that getting the API opened up is pretty unlikely.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• Xence
    Xence
    ✭✭
    That's too bad, but maybe ... i said maybe ... they could do it themselves, if it's in the game, then the API doesn't have to be open. Create a recount within the game itself with some inspiration of really good addon like that or in cooperation with some people who've done really great work creating addons on the game ? The recount is inherent in every MMO so they could be one of the first to create it.

Ok, i'm day-dreaming but this could be truly awesome.
  • Islyn
    Islyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah hunny ofc I miss your jokes - been rolling on the EU server - because of husband's work times :-) Hugs to you guys!