Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Deconstructing white items at times can be pointless....

Robbmrp
Robbmrp
✭✭✭✭✭
With the new white items that have 0 value, deconstruction can really be a waste of time. For a max level crafter, we don't need inspiration, we need materials. IMO every deconstruction of an item should return something that was used to make it. There should never be a time when doing this, that you get nothing in return. I'm not talking about items that have inspiration bonuses to them, I'm talking about all items with no bonus or worth at all.

If this will continue to be the case, @ZOS should update the drop to be based off your crafting level so if you are already level 50, you do not get these crappy items as drops taking up inventory and wasting your time deconstructing them to try and get materials.
NA Server - Kildair
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When the 0 Cost items were introduced in 1.3 or 1.4, they were never intended to replace the Game Gear, only be flavor for the world. Prior to this, there was nothing, equipment wise, out in the world that you could even pick up. They were designed from the get go to give about 1200 Inspiration and no materials on Decon as these items were never intended to be used in the game like regular items are.

One thing, the 0 cost items do have, or used to have, the appearance of Legendary (improved to Gold). Not sure if this has been patched out.

As for getting these things comingled with inventory you can use, yes, Auto Loot can do that. But , you can get filter addons that will auto destroy these for you. Or at least mark as junk so you can get rid of them that way.

Edited by Nestor on March 24, 2015 5:54PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tip: These 0g items that are stolen, cost 0g to launder. It's a cheap way to level legerdemain skill line for the frugal. :smile:
    Megaservers: PC NA / EU (sometimes) Xbox NA (sometimes)
    Luxury Furniture Gallery [PC/NA]: Moon-Sugar Meadow
    Website:BenevolentBowd.ca, "Sharing My Notes With the World to Help Others"
    Charity:#GivingTheNewMeta
    ESO Calendarmancer: http://benevolentbowd.ca/calendar (10+ timezones to choose from)
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/BenevolentBowd
    #TeamStackableTreasureMaps
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BowD wrote: »
    Tip: These 0g items that are stolen, cost 0g to launder. It's a cheap way to level legerdemain skill line for the frugal. :smile:

There's a plus to them after all :smiley:
    NA Server - Kildair