Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Where to start! EU or NA!

Elduith
Elduith
Hello!

I plan on returning to the world of Tamriel, but I am unsure where to start..

I know I wish to be part of the Ebonheart Pact - but I am unsure wether to choose the EU or NA side of things..

I am a fan of RP now and then, and dungeon runs and whatnot. Casual player, with a taste for RP!

But I wondered where I could find most RP and most active guilds?

I wish to be part of something active, something alive.

Elduith
Be part of the wild, be part of the world!
  • pppontus
    pppontus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think this is something that you could decide by looking at a map. Are you closer to NA or EU?

If you go across regions you'll soon find that almost no one is on at your time anyway, because time zone difference.
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are active guilds on both servers. I recommend choosing the one closest to you to minimize issues with latency and timezones.
  • Elduith
    Elduith
    Then EU it is! :) Thanks for quick answers!
    Be part of the wild, be part of the world!
  • Kragorn
    Kragorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As @ppontus noted, and in view of your stated desire to be 'active' then choosing the region nearest your time zone would appear to make your choice for you.

Depending on where you are geographically internet routing may be a decision point but IMX timezones are the number 1 decider for most purposes.