Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Gearing up suggestions

endus
endus
Soul Shriven
Hello,

I have recently returned to the game, I quit at V10 right before craglorn was released. I decided to level a whole new character so I could get a feel for the game again. I am about to hit V1 on my NB and I remember reading a discussion regarding gearing up your character while you level to V14. I can’t seem to find that discussion so I decided to make this topic. The discussion I read was stating at V1 if you were to craft all of the gear you wanted (set bonuses etc) to legendary it would keep you competitive until V14. I wanted to see what everyone’s thoughts on this would be. Would it be worth the materials and the gold? Would it be more worth it to just craft the gear I want at V1,V5,V10 etc and only take it to either superior or epic? I understand i could absolutely get away with all greens in VR as Ive done it with my first character but I want to be somewhat of a threat in PVP whenever I decide to take a break from grinding out VR levels.

I appreciate any thoughts!
  • tannercrook
    tannercrook
    ✭✭✭
    I can definitely see how building a legendary suit at V1 would keep you competitive until V14. However, in my own situation, I built suits every couple of vet ranks. V1, V3, V5, V8, V11, V14. I am very glad I did this because every time I built a new suit either because of patches or other reasons changed my suit for the better.

Character refinement takes a long time. I think that you are further ahead to save your legendary materials for V14 and later and simply craft gear every couple of levels. I have been saving legendary mats for enchanting since launch of the game and (without buying) only have enough legendary for me and my buddy.

My suggestion, build every couple of levels for that level. Save your legendary mats. Refine your character at each armor build. Its very fun to see a character grow and become more powerful at each build.

May the nine guide your path traveler.

Cheers