The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Dang it, Somebody Please Stop Me....

bellanca6561n
bellanca6561n
✭✭✭✭✭
I keep thinking I can do just a bit better job of creating a Dunmer character....

Uravainthegrass_zps2958ef75.png

Captain Rana was not impressed...."You mean to tell me that I've got to rescue all these Bleakrock villagers AGAIN?"

MeetingCaptainRana_zpsc62fa1d7.png

Sergeant Seyne...she wasn't too happy either....

SergeantSeyne_zps7cf8c4c9.png

And when I tried to come back to Bleakrock to dye my armor after this rescue mission was over, Covenant troops kept attacking me....clearly I've got to accept this Veteran Rank business and stick with a danged character *sigh*
  • Tekalynn
    Tekalynn
    ✭✭
    She looks great! I like the more angular faces for elven characters.
  • Surfinginhawaii
    Surfinginhawaii
    ✭✭✭
    I concur with Tekalynn.
  • bellanca6561n
    bellanca6561n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, but I kept at it *sigh*

Switched to the EU server and started over....well...I live in Munich after all.

Settled on this Dunmeri lass to go through all those quests again....

Andala%20and%20Mel_zpsm4kzqaja.png

She used Undaunted Pledges and Craglorn quests to move beyond VR10 instead of Spellscar...not always an easy process as it's tough to get a group sometimes....

Balle%20Contemplates%20Another%20Pledge%20Run_zpsojg4bxwj.png

Plus your armor really takes a beating, so to speak....

Getting%20ready%20for%20Spindleclutch_zpsjhvpvp03.png

But, finally, last night she hit VR14, my first character to do so despite playing since early launch. Nobody in my guild cared but I can't blame them....they'd hit that mark, often on multiple characters, ages ago. Still she kept looking for anyone to tell...

Andala%20and%20the%20Vulture_zps2ggcbtcs.png

Danged vulture didn't care either....

Andala%20and%20the%20Vulture%202_zpsw2nm4tbl.png

So she hit the nearest tavern and celebrated alone.....

Andala%20after%20the%20meeting_zpsgcrtwqe8.png
    Andala%20after%20the%20meeting%201_zpsdedauz2e.png

And, soon, the Veteran Ranks will be but one of many memories of ESO Act I. But at least I found a character I really enjoy playing after many, too, too many tries ;)
  • Surfinginhawaii
    Surfinginhawaii
    ✭✭✭
    Congratulations! I like that tavern outfit on your character, sexy :) !
  • Vyle_Byte
    Vyle_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, you know what, my husband and I have been here and been playing since beta. We just got our first characters to Vet 14 last week. We took our time, we played several different characters trying to get a feel for which ones we liked the best. So don't feel bad. Some of us just take a little longer to get there ;)

Luckily some of our Rawl friends were super excited to see we'd finally hit top too, a little dance celebration was in order!

P.S. I cant count how many dunmer chicks I've made trying to get one just right. I think I finally made one that I will stick with, I'll screenshot her later and post. :)
    Member of the Old Guard
    Mother of the Byte Family
    Vyle Byte||Ivana Byte||Vyible Byte||Hakate Vampler Former EMPRESS BWB||Haan Zolo {Retired} (He swung first)||Lunari ||Wardyn Chalyk Tahno||Dirti Dianah||Bonnie||
    Viva la Byte
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    a Dunmer character

I will find you and I will eat you.

- Chews-on-Elves
    Wololo.
  • kewl
    kewl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stop before it goes too far.

09-Botch-Plastic-Surgeries-Carrot-Top-lifestyle-1.jpg
    Edited by kewl on February 25, 2015 8:00AM
  • Latdogg
    Latdogg
    Damn, I have been playing since Beta as well and am only Vet 4. My goal is to make Vet 5 before the patch. We shall see.
    VR-4 DK (Nord) - Urlachera
    Brotherhood of WHIskies
    Pride of the Pact
  • Syntse
    Syntse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Latdogg wrote: »
    Damn, I have been playing since Beta as well and am only Vet 4. My goal is to make Vet 5 before the patch. We shall see.

You certainly take your time :) And you have understood it's not race.
    Syntse Dominion Khajiit Dragonknight Stamina Tank [50]
    Ra'Syntse Dominion Khajiit Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
    Syntselle Dominion Dark Elf Dragonknight Magica DPS [50]
    Syntseus Dominion Imperial Templar Healer [50]
    Syntsetar Dominion High Elf Sorcerer Magica DPS [50]
    Friar Tuktuk Daggerfall Brenton Templar Healer [50]
    Syntseyn Ebonheart Brenton Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
  • bellanca6561n
    bellanca6561n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Such....sanity!
  • bellanca6561n
    bellanca6561n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well...I didn't stop. There was another look I wanted to get that had eluded me: youthful innocence and an open face in a Dark Elf. Not the stern Dunmer who can say, "Did an Argonian savage make this?"

The result almost looks like a cross between a Dunmer and a Bosmer, but that's reinforced by the attire in this case: the low level training suit.

Young%20Sela_zpsxlh4l769.png
    Young%20Sela%20Bow_zpsnznqvz5x.png

Odd that what kept in this game this long was something akin to playing with dolls. I nearly quit early on because, outside of Cyrodiil, this is nobody's definition of massively multiplayer. But I've never felt cheated by the game. Rather, I think it does a good job for its target audience.

I'll use this Dunmer gal to make one more tour. A final pass through what I feel is the most adult and interesting of the story lines: The Ebonheart Pact.

With its moral ambiguity, villains who never consider themselves as such - some who aren't even villainous - wonderful anchor characters such as Walks In Ash and Holgunn, and pertinent parables, such as the Brothers of Strife, it goes beyond what I ever expected in this genre from scripted quests.

Sela%20and%20Sulrashi_zpsivo2etwb.png

And given where this is posted I doubt many will disagree with me ;)
    Edited by bellanca6561n on February 26, 2015 10:23PM
  • Latdogg
    Latdogg
    Syntse wrote: »
    Latdogg wrote: »

You certainly take your time :) And you have understood it's not race.
    Oh yes, I for sure take my time. And honestly between work and the other games I play I am spread pretty thin!

VR-4 DK (Nord) - Urlachera
    Brotherhood of WHIskies
    Pride of the Pact
  • Mr.Hmm
    Mr.Hmm
    ✭✭✭✭
    Somehow the Dunmer face feels..... plastic... too much shine?
    If I die tomorrow I do not want to think of the game I could of played today, therefor I will play whatever I want today while securing a future to play in as well.

A true gamer will think of all the possible outcomes and execute the one that is the hardest to accomplish.
  • bellanca6561n
    bellanca6561n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mr.Hmm wrote: »
    Somehow the Dunmer face feels..... plastic... too much shine?

That's not peculiar to Dunmers.

Bretons are worse and often come out like porcelain dolls.

It's the reflective properties of skin meshes and textures and how well they play with the shader.

Plus the faces are not rigged. Thus their expressions are frozen. One of the knocks on the game is its primitive (by current standards) character models.

The only facial rigging we see is on NPCs in the interview screen when you're talking with them. I'm not sure you'd call it rigging really and it often breaks. Hence the lost dentures bug where their mouths move as if they have no teeth. Worse is the bug eye bug like on Crafty Lerisa here.

BugEyedCraftyLerissa_zpsf23bc024.png

This is a version 5 screen shot with sexier looking Redguard top but both problems persist in version 6. Frankly I'd rather have frozen faces on our character than have them go wide eyed on us....unless we wanted them to ;)
    Edited by bellanca6561n on March 14, 2015 10:36AM
  • Zhoyzu
    Zhoyzu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i only just got a character to vr14 myself. and im STILL dissatisfied. so im rerolling yet again. last time i rerolled i got to vr4. i wonder how far this one will make it. i am having more fun then i have before so it could be promising.
    Zhoyzu - Nightblade Alchemist (v15) RETIRED
    Has-No-Heart - Templar Enchanter (v4) FUBAR
    Ambadassador - Dragon knight (v1) Naked with no future (returned from the naked realm to tank PvE)
    Sakis Tolis - Sorceror (v10 in progress) Living Legend!

Xuhl'Xotuun - Warden Current Main as im starting the game over essentially with this character aside from crafting.

Creator of Khajiit fall dmg reduction racial passive concept.

• binaryAegis
    Zhoyzu wrote: »
    i only just got a character to vr14 myself. and im STILL dissatisfied. so im rerolling yet again. last time i rerolled i got to vr4. i wonder how far this one will make it. i am having more fun then i have before so it could be promising.
    Here's a trick I learned a while back. When you are finished making your character, don't hit the finish button. Walk away from your computer for a half hour (You won't get timed out in the character creator) and do something, anything, else. When you come back you'll be able to see all those little tiny imperfections that bug you and iron them out. Repeat as necessary.

Edited by binaryAegis on March 22, 2015 2:53PM