Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Answered]: Whats up with disguises? I get hit and it's gone.

twev
twev
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm doing the mission in early AD where I get the "Quendeluun Veiled Heritance Disguise".

Every time I get hit - the disguise unequips and disappears from inventory... wth?
Edited by twev on March 21, 2015 11:09PM
The problem with society these days is that no one drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.
  • Glierhuin
    Glierhuin
    ✭✭✭
    You are disguised as the enemy. As soon as they figure out you are not one of them your disguise is blown. Works the same with almost every disguise

Remember disguises are not costumes and were never meant to be kept infinitely
    Edited by Glierhuin on March 21, 2015 4:28PM
    I have approximate knowledge of many things.
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You need to look in containers or loot bodies to get another disguise. They are generally easy to come by in situations where they can be used. Keep a close look out for enemies with torches. They are the ones who will spot you. They have a red eye icon. Watch that indicator and keep your distance. They run a patrol route, so it's just a matter of timing to sneak past them.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Might add, for future reference, the guys with torches can see thru the disguises, which is why they have the torches and the red eye appears above their head. If you are wearing a disguise, THEY will make it gone. If you feel you must fight one, putting the disguise back in your back will preserve it.
    Edited by Darlgon on March 21, 2015 7:12PM
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • twev
    twev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the info, guys, I appreciate the help.

I'd never noticed them being that delicate before, but apparently it is.
    I'd run that specific mission on most of my other 'toons before, and always managed to put the set in inv after it was over.

And I'd never made the connection between the actual torch-bearers being able to see thru my disguise.

I wear the disguises because I'm one of those who thinks that the standard armors are way over done and seriously too gaudy/ugly.
    I really can't stand having to see my 'toon wearing that stuff.

Less is more.
    The problem with society these days is that no one drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.