Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Cyrodiil Imperial Cave Delver Bosses [possible spoiler]

runagate
runagate
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
I apologize for posting this in the AvA forum, but apparently when they senselessly split up the PvE forums into Alliance zones (which is senseless, as we all eventually go to all zones) but I figure if someone comes looking for this information they'll likely look here now, as part of getting this Achievement involves negotiating enemy territory.

The title says SPOILER although why you'd want to enjoy hours and hours on end trying to find the bosses in each of these many instances is beyond me.

First of all, you can find a maps of where every boss in Cyrodiil delves are here (a Russian site, just hit the "Spoiler" button to view them, and if you're looking for a particular boss using the Ctrl-F "find" function on your browser won't work until you do so): http://iddqd-guild.ru/index.php?showtopic=5302

The timers of the bosses isn't so terrible, it's that there's apparently several mechanics involved in finding them all (and you can always find the list of required bosses in your Achievements > Exploration > Cyrodiil tab (in your character's Journal).
  1. Only one boss spawns at a time
  2. You really ought to loot everything off a boss's corpse so that it'll disappear, as even just it's lifeless body seems to delay the other bosses' spawning
  3. The do not spawn in any particular order, so if you're in a delve with 3 bosses you can kill the first two bosses 6 times before the one you're waiting for finally spawns, so continue to check each boss's spawn point to check which one is spawned at any given time, and kill them to make sure the next one spawns
  4. Group up with anyone you come across, so that you can communicate about which one is spawned as, if someone comes along and kills one while you're elsewhere and loots the corpse you'll never know or, worse, doesn't loot it and you don't notice, you could be waiting a very, very long time - and with friends, you can camp several spawn points at once to know which is active and you don't have to continually clear the entire place in a giant circle just to get from spawn point to spawn point
  5. It's not like the next boss instantly appears once whichever one you killed last disappears (loot the corpse! even if just to destroy the items once they're in your inventory!), but the spawn timers are really not that long, as long as you follow the steps above

Someone, please feel free to put the images from that Russian site in this thread - for whatever reason it isn't working in my browser.
  • runagate
    runagate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I add this list so that people searching the forums will be able to stumble upon this thread:

Explore and clear Bloodmayne Cave
    • Kill Acanthia
    • Kill Ironlash
    • Kill Razorback

Explore Nisin Cave Explore and clear Nisin Cave
    • Kill Barasatii
    • Kill Volgo the Harrower

Explore Pothole Caverns Explore and clear Pothole Caverns
    • Kill Serrin Vol
    • Kill Diabolist Vethisa
    • Kill Blighttooth

Explore Breakneck Cave Explore and clear Breakneck Cave
    • Kill Hegris
    • Kill Longfang

Explore Haynote Cave Explore and clear Haynote Cave
    • Kill Theurgist Thelas
    • Kill Diabolist Volcatia

Explore Serpent Hollow Explore and clear Serpent Hollow
    • Kill Bruuke
    • Kill Bear Matriarch

Explore Kingscrest Cavern Explore and clear Kingscrest Cavern

Explore Vahtacen Explore and clear Vahtacen

Explore Muck Valley Cavern Explore and clear Muck Valley Cavern
    • Kill Kerks Half-Ear
    • Kill Ogre Biter
    • Kill Webmistress

Explore Newt Cave Explore and clear Newt Cave
    • Kill Gravel Tooth
    • Kill Rock Wing

Explore Quickwater Cave Explore and clear Quickwater Cave
    • Kill Athal Andas
    • Kill Steel-Tail

Explore Cracked Wood Cave Explore and clear Cracked Wood Cave
    • Kill Mebs Runnyeye
    • Kill Regsrot Blacktongue
    • Kill Wolfbreath

Explore Echo Cave Explore and clear Echo Cave

Explore Capstone Cave Explore and clear Capstone Cave

Explore Red Ruby Cave Explore and clear Red Ruby Cave
    • Kill Endare
    • Kill Zandur

Explore Toadstool Hollow Explore and clear Toadstool Hollow
    • Kill Lucienne Cerine
    • Kill Captain Roreles
    • Kill Captain Serniel
    • Kill General Virane
    • Kill Dreadfang

Explore Lipsand Tarn Explore and clear Lipsand Tarn
    • Kill Gaston Asham
    • Kill Marbita

Explore Underpall Cave Explore and clear Underpall Cave
    • Kill Raelynne Ashham
    • Kill Emelin the Returned
  • Teiji
    Teiji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Toadstool Hollow, I only finished it due to using the information contained herein this post.

Thank you runagate! Saved me some bewilderment and time going back here thinking I was in error and a quest was needed to spawn an achievement NPC.
    "Serving Boethiah is Freedom, embracing heroism is Liberty, existing solely for noxiphilic sanguivoria is truth." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

European megaserver Fallout 4

Loyalist of Boethiah, heroism enthusiast, exposer of secrets, bless'ed of noxiphilic sanguivoria.

Nerf one grind, two more take its place; hail Gryndra!

I am a dank memer and satire enthusiast
  • Jaxom
    Jaxom
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nice post. I got my Explorer Title last week and Cyrodiil was the last zone I finished. Some of the bosses I would consider rare. Newt Cave for example. There is a plant that just didnt want to spawn after hours of killing the other bosses over and over again. Some of it is luck but those first 3 points are spot on. If you see a boss that you already killed, kill it as it's taking a spot for a boss you need. The looting thing is key as well.

I have found that the bosses are on a 10 minute timer in general.
  • SoulScream
    SoulScream
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got my explorer title as well and wear it with pride. I did the Cyrodiil caves on wabba which was fun to have pvp involved too. I had a long wait with only two bosses and finally just checked after server came up when maintenance was done to get them.
  • runagate
    runagate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Jaxom‌ yes, that cave... the plant spawned for me several times, but overall I, and then helping a stranger I came across, must have spent 2 hours in there. I left with 98 carapaces!

The Explorer title and the Tamriel Hero title I love... if only the Anchors achievement wasn't bugged for me!
  • Ifthir_ESO
    Ifthir_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    posting to get this in my active threads.

thanks op
  • SpAEkus
    SpAEkus
    ✭✭✭✭
    I soloed Lipsand Tarn and snuck-died to the Skyshard but it wasn't lit and a BoneClossus was camping it.

Did I have to be "questing" Cyrodiil to activate the skyshard?? Just a bug??
    Edited by SpAEkus on July 21, 2014 3:37AM
  • runagate
    runagate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Back in the day it wasn't at all uncommon for a Skyshard to be "unlit" when you hadn't yet acquired it and yet they still always worked. That Bone Colossus, if I recall correctly, is right by another Boss, and that's no joke in those close confines.

If your campaign is DB and you /w me in-game I'll ride down there and help you get that one.

And you're most welcome, Ifthir_ESO - I thank the Russian forum site that posted the nice maps which helped me get a couple that I otherwise would have gone insane trying to find.
  • SpAEkus
    SpAEkus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks I'm just exploring and sharding on my Crafter-main and haven't started actual PVP yet.

I'll leave that one for now
  • Kcttocs
    Kcttocs
    ✭✭✭
    NOOB question, so if I am out exploring one of these caves and another faction player is near by, I'll have to fight them and the mobs?
  • runagate
    runagate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes. People outside can probably be avoided. Inside delves, you may encounter enemy players in the process of fighting mobs, and thus weakened... or the other way around.

The nice thing is that if you can get killed by falling or by mobs before the players kill you, you get to rez inside the delve (at the beginning, but it's better than running back across Cyrodiil).

Also, if they have any experience make no mistake you will die to them. Don't get upset, just reschedule your trip. You have no chance against experienced players. Notably, I did every single shard, dolmen, quest and delve achievement prior to my recent change to full time PvP. (I PvPed pre-release on the PTS server, but there wasn't much population back then and everyone was by definition a noob).

One thing not everyone realizes is that you can talk to enemy Alliance players via /w so you can even adventure with them if they're amenable. Just don't use AoE by one another B)

Here's my guide to PvE achievements in Cyrodiil again:

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/116374/guide-to-pve-in-cyrodiil-getting-around-achievements-dolmens-etc#latest

I posted some PvP advice for those new to Cyrodiil in some thread today, but it was just off the top of my head, but perhaps I should make a guide for that, too.
  • Kcttocs
    Kcttocs
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for writing both, I've read them and it's very helpful. I've PvP'd some, and am getting the hang of it, but am trying to learn other things to do in the PvP area and your guide is very very helpful.
  • runagate
    runagate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm glad. I always thought Cyrodil was fun, even before people really showed up there. I circumabulated it on foot back then. I've tried very hard to get into the city in the SE by the AD home keep but failed, but made it all the way to the furthest bit of coast next to it.

I like the whirlpools that are the only way to the lower level of that one dungeon you need for the Explorer title.

I've tried very, very hard quite a few times to inspire Cloud Ruler Temple (home of The Blades, and currently with a big dark anchor stuck on top of it) to allow me ingress, to no avail, despite killing all the surrounding Harvesters many, many times.

There's an NPC dog in the middle of nowhere, by a cabin, with a really strangely spelled name. Hrongil or something like that. He does nothing.
  • _subjectnamehere_
    _subjectnamehere_
    ✭✭✭
    As for the "only one boss spawns at a time" comment, I know from experience that if there is a high number of bosses in a delve (more than 3), you will get faster spawn times and more than one boss up at a time.

Toadstool Hollow, for example.

And, this rule that I just mentioned (and the rules the OP discusses) apply to public dungeons in the PvE zones as well (non-instanced group encounters).

Finally, when only one boss is up at a time (in delves with 3 or fewer bosses), the spawn time is 10 minutes. I personally clocked this many times. Can anyone replicate my results?

What I did was enter a delve with only two bosses and camped one spawn location. That boss spawned 4 times in a row, exactly 10 minutes apart. The fifth time, the 10 minutes passed, and no boss. I made my way to the other spawn location and my 2nd boss was there.

Hope this helps.
  • _subjectnamehere_
    _subjectnamehere_
    ✭✭✭
    Kcttocs wrote: »
    NOOB question, so if I am out exploring one of these caves and another faction player is near by, I'll have to fight them and the mobs?

Correct. You are in a PvP zone, so hunting enemy players is fair game, no matter where you are (with obvious exceptions, of course....starting areas, for one).
  • C0pp3rhead
    C0pp3rhead
    ✭✭✭✭
    As for the "only one boss spawns at a time" comment, I know from experience that if there is a high number of bosses in a delve (more than 3), you will get faster spawn times and more than one boss up at a time. Toadstool Hollow, for example.

Finally, when only one boss is up at a time (in delves with 3 or fewer bosses), the spawn time is 10 minutes. I personally clocked this many times. Can anyone replicate my results?

Confirmed. While hunting Cyrodiil delve bosses, I would kill a boss, sneak to a convenient corner, put on 9-10 minutes on a timer, and come lurk on the forums until the timer went off. Oftentimes, I would stealth within view of a boss spawn. When I returned, a boss would have spawned somewhere in the dungeon within 10 minutes.

Also confirmed: delves with many bosses allow more than one boss to spawn at a time. From my experience, two bosses are up at a time. However, I do not know if a new boss will spawn 10 minutes after a single boss is killed, OR if both bosses have to die before another two will spawn.

Debunked:
    Looting a corpse completely is not necessary: The spawn timer starts 10 minutes after a boss death. In several cases I have camped a dungeon and left boss corpses laying around. The 10 minute rule always held true.

"Things which are alike in nature grow to look alike, and the speaking stones have lain a long time lookin' at the sun. Some believe they descend with the lightning, but I believe they are on the ground and are projected downward by the bolt."

Fear my moustache powers.

Tastes-New-Blood - V14 Argonian Templar
    Giblets N Bits - V2 Imperial Nightblade
    Skruyue N'Alyutu - V1 Altmer Sorcerer
    Jolbie Firecrotch - L31 Nord Dragonknight

Vehemence - - Valhalla's Guard
  • hammayolettuce
    hammayolettuce
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are a few delves in Cyrodiil that have more than two bosses. In those, you've have two bosses up at a time, and sometimes exiting and re-entering the instance will spawn the boss you need. All of the other delves will only have one boss at a time.

I used an addon called All Public Bosses when I was working on the Explorer title. It puts boss icons on all of your maps so you know where everything spawns :)
    Snü (Magicka DK) ♥ Thnu (Stamplar) ♥ Pizza for Breakfast (Magplar) ♥ Sparklefingers (Magicka Sorc) ♥
    Bean and Cheese Burrito (Magicka DK) ♥ Snurrito (Stamplar) ♥
    DARFAL COVANT
  • C0pp3rhead
    C0pp3rhead
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are a few delves in Cyrodiil that have more than two bosses. In those, you've have two bosses up at a time...
    Only in delves where there are more than 3 bosses.
    ... and sometimes exiting and re-entering the instance will spawn the boss you need.
    This will not cause new bosses to spawn. Bosses will only spawn 10 minutes after the death of the previous boss. It only appears that this helps to spawn a new boss because you spend a fair amount of time fighting your way out of then back into a dungeon.
    "Things which are alike in nature grow to look alike, and the speaking stones have lain a long time lookin' at the sun. Some believe they descend with the lightning, but I believe they are on the ground and are projected downward by the bolt."

Fear my moustache powers.

Tastes-New-Blood - V14 Argonian Templar
    Giblets N Bits - V2 Imperial Nightblade
    Skruyue N'Alyutu - V1 Altmer Sorcerer
    Jolbie Firecrotch - L31 Nord Dragonknight

Vehemence - - Valhalla's Guard
  • runagate
    runagate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Some of what people posted here was never true, and as I've investigated these delves again recently certainly isn't true now.

Lots of new people in the game have asked about this kind of thing recently, though, which is encouraging.
  • s7732425ub17_ESO
    s7732425ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    runagate wrote: »
    Some of what people posted here was never true, and as I've investigated these delves again recently certainly isn't true now.

Lots of new people in the game have asked about this kind of thing recently, though, which is encouraging.

10 minute respawn timer is certainly still true, and cycling the bosses is certainly still true, and this is about all you need to know to get the Explorer achievement.
  • NovaShadow
    NovaShadow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did all the Cyrodiil delves in 2 days (last 2 days). Had to spend about 2 hours in 3 or 4 of them to get every boss but I found camping any boss I had already killed and no longer needed for the achieve helped get the one I actually needed to spawn. Though it didn't always work. This achievement is purely a patience game, one must have patience and a lot of time on their hands to become an Explorer.
    PC NA - EPHS