Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Nightblade Stamina build?

Tykune
Tykune
✭✭✭
I was looking over the passives for the nightblade class trees, and.. it didn't seem like there was much room to create a pure stamina build for a nightblade. Is there something I am missing? Or is a stamina build just not possible? I plan on taking dual wield with medium armour, which is the classic setup for any type of thief class.
  • Cinna
    Cinna
    ✭✭✭
    Stamina based class skills come up when you get them to the morphing stage. So pure stamina NB is possible. But, of course, in ESO you rarely make a build where you'd never use the other resource at all - good stamina builds use magicka for a few utilities.
  • Tykune
    Tykune
    ✭✭✭
    I guess I was being too hopeful of having a pure stamina build without having to utilize magicka.. oh well. I guess I can try to make the best of it.
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Don't lose hope, you don't need that many magicka based skills to be a good stamina nightblade.
    In trials when tank and healers apply the neccessary buffs / debuffs i just use one magicka based skill that increases my stamina recovery.
    Edited by lolo_01b16_ESO on March 17, 2015 9:26PM
  • nick0429
    nick0429
    Soul Shriven
    For my stamina build I use magicka for cloak, mark target, the siphon where you get health and assassins blade(I like the range morph better even though it's magika) everything else is stamina. I don't put anything in magicka and I rarley drop below 50% magicka. Everything else is stamina. But yeah at first until you get to the morphs it's hard to get an "all" stamina build
  • snowmanflvb14_ESO
    snowmanflvb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Magika is mostly used for your untilities/buffs. I run a stam build for my NB I have no points in magika nor are any of my glyphs magika nor do I wear or use any magika buffing armor or weapons. I rarely have an issue with a lack of magika for my buffs or untility skills.
    Magic is impressive but now Minsc leads SWORDS FOR EVERYONE!!
  • Tykune
    Tykune
    ✭✭✭
    what should my stats look like?
  • Govalon
    Govalon
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am dual wielding NB with medium armor and it works really well. I use stamina to make damage but nobody should use only stamina or only magicka. You will lose out full bar of resources if you don't utilise it somehow and that seems like a big waste to me. I use magicka for buffs and debuffs so I have all of stamina to be used on damage.

For example, last skill in Assasination tree has a skill named Rentless Focus(after the morph), it gives 10% stamina regen and 8% more damage boost for 20 seconds! Why not use magicka for that if you are not doing anything else with it?

Another good example is Piercing Mark which uses magicka too and reduces a big chunk of oponents armor and lets your future attacks deal more damage. Really good skill in PVP.

Using Cloak also uses magicka and it turns you into invisible! A class defining ability in my opinion and a really good one too. Not using any magicka would surely gimp you a lot so I suggest you don't leave it out completely. You don't need to use any points in magicka or enchance it at all. The base magicka is enough to sustain some nice boosts while you deal damage using stamina.
    Edited by Govalon on March 18, 2015 3:03PM
  • Jeckll
    Jeckll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is my Stamina build. Maybe you want to take a look at it:
    http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/nb-dual-wieldbow-pve-dps-build-1-6-6/
    Jeckll has quit the game. Thanks for the great time.
  • Govalon
    Govalon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jeckll wrote: »

This is the guide I actually used for my build when I created it yesterday! Awesome work by the way.
    The gear I use is a lot different though but guide still works for me, atleast acording to some DPS testing
    Edited by Govalon on March 18, 2015 3:11PM
  • Tykune
    Tykune
    ✭✭✭

I looked at it for a moment, but then I decided against it. Anything that you need or suggest wearing light or heavy armour is outside of my playstyle. I like to focus on crit and crit chance, and having 2 heavy armour cuts it down too much to be worth it.
  • Govalon
    Govalon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tykune wrote: »

I looked at it for a moment, but then I decided against it. Anything that you need or suggest wearing light or heavy armour is outside of my playstyle. I like to focus on crit and crit chance, and having 2 heavy armour cuts it down too much to be worth it.
    I believe those pieces are only for Undaunted passives. they are not critical to the build and you can do without them just fine. I use a gear that is a lot different compared to those in guide but I get 10k dps just the same with little effort.