Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Food and Drink Buffs

sflanagan21ub17_ESO
I was thinking we had the ability to have both a food and a drink buff active, but after testing it yesterday I realized that only 1 was showing up on the character sheet as active.

Does anyone know if this is truly the case of only being able to have 1 active a time or am I missing something in the use of provisions?

If you can only have one active, why would this be the case?

Thanks in advance for any feedback or answers on this.
  • r0w3n
    r0w3n
    Soul Shriven
    Yea, I noticed this yesterday too. Only 1 active buff at a time. I am assuming this is intended, with the rumor of recipes that have multiple stat buffs in them.
  • Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    For balance and to make you actually plan and strategize your buffs. Plus there are higher-quality recipes that buff more than one stat.
    Character List [RP and PvE]:
    Stands-Against-Death: Argonian Magplar Healer - Crafter
    Krisiel: Redguard Stamsorc DPS - Literally crazy Werewolf, no like legit insane. She nuts
    Kiju Veran: Khajiit Stamblade DPS - Ex-Fighters Guild Suthay who likes to punch things, nicknamed Tinykat
    Niralae Elsinal: Altmer Stamsorc DPS - Young Altmer with way too much Magicka
    Sarah Lacroix: Breton Magsorc DPS - Fledgling Vampire who drinks too much water
    Slondor: Nord Tankblade - TESified verson of Slenderman
    Marius Vastino: Imperial <insert role here> - Sarah's apathetic sire who likes to monologue
    Delthor Rellenar: Dunmer Magknight DPS - Sarah's ex who's a certified psychopath
    Lirawyn Calatare: Altmer Magplar Healer - Traveling performer and bard who's 101% vanilla bean
    Gondryn Beldeau: Breton Tankplar - Sarah's Mages Guild mentor and certified badass old person
    Gwendolyn Jenelle: Breton Magplar Healer - Friendly healer with a coffee addiction
    Soliril Larethian- Altmer Magblade DPS - Blind alchemist who uses animals to see and brews plagues in his spare time
    Tevril Rallenar: Dunmer Stamcro DPS - Delthor's "special" younger brother who raises small animals as friends
    Celeroth Calatare: Bosmer <insert role here> - Shapeshifting Bosmer with enough sass to fill Valenwood

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
    Avid RPer. Hit me up in-game @Ras_Lei if you're interested in getting together for some arr-pee shenanigans!
  • Mortuum
    Mortuum
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes it works as intended, there can be only 1 active buff at time from either food or drink. If you have active effect on you, using another item will replace it with new effect.
    But, there are better quality recipes(i have found 4 blue rec so far) which combine 2 effects, for example increase both magicka and stamina, or both health and stamina.
    No idea if there are items which combine 2 different type buffs(increase from food and regeneration from drinks).
  • Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drinks increase Regeneration. Food increases total Magicka, Stamina or Health. There should be no reason why players cannot stack the two for they are completely different buffs. Since we cannot stack, I do no waste my time putting skill points into the Drink Provisioning passives nor collect any drink ingredients to take away bag or bank space. The buffs from Food out weigh the buffs from Drinks and are much better. ZOS had in the past stated they were going to allow the stacking of Food and Drinks and later changed their minds.