Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Noob questions

roskakori10eb17_ESO
1. What class should i go for if i like dealing massive dmg and healing others
2. What each classes weapon type is?
3. I have the explorer pack can u transfer the dragon pet to a new character, if you have already reedemed it in ur old unsued character?
4. Is 2H weapon the same when u hold 1 sword?
5. Does what faction you pick make huge difference?
6. How is the PVP?
7. Can i play with my PS3/4 controller?

i sound like complete noob
  • Warraxx
    Warraxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. What class should i go for if i like dealing massive dmg and healing others - ANY CLASS CAN USE HEALING STAVES
    2. What each classes weapon type is? ANY CLASS CAN USE ANY WEAPON
    3. I have the explorer pack can u transfer the dragon pet to a new character, if you have already reedemed it in ur old unsued character? YES
    4. Is 2H weapon the same when u hold 1 sword? NO - MUST HOLD A 2-HANDED LARGE WEAPON: GREATSWORD, BATTLE AXE, MAUL.
    5. Does what faction you pick make huge difference? NO - UNLESS YOU PVP ON THORNBLADE NA
    6. How is the PVP? LAGTASTIC
    7. Can i play with my PS3/4 controller? [YOU MAY GET HAIRY PALMS IF YOU DO]
    Edited by Warraxx on March 18, 2015 9:33PM
  • pronkg
    pronkg
    ✭✭✭✭
    1. Templar
    2. Really your choice. But Templar/dragon knight 2handed or sword shield. Night blade dual swords or bow. Sorcerer destruction staff
    3. It's bound to your account. It will be available on all your characters by pressing the "u" button
    4. No it's not 1 sword is only viable with a shield
    5. Only that you won't be able to play with people from other factions
    6. Somehow great but needs more development
    7. Not sure
  • Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Dragonknight for massive damage, Nightblade for damage and heals, Templar for stronger heals less damage

2. Classes don't have weapon types, they can use whatever you find, be it a staff, bow, sword, or dagger. Dragonknight class skills revolve around fire and self-buffs. Templars are the dedicated healer, with buffs, and decent damage. Nightblades are the "rogues" of ESO with high damage but also some nice heals, Sorcerers are decent at damage with no heals for anyone but themself.

3. Not sure what pet you're talking about. But yes, if you put the pet in your bank and log onto another character you can then get the pet on that character, but not both characters.

4. No, 2H is a much larger sword than just holding a 1H sword.

5. Not. At. All. Pact and Dominion have a higher PvP population, that's about it.

6. Laggy. But fun, caters to zerging but still fun.

7. Yes, but you have to use a program like Xpadder to setup your controls.

Hope I helped, there's a few simple terms that you might want to get to know right off the bat as well. Little acronyms and crap.

DK = Dragonknight
    NB = Nightblade
    Temp = Templar
    Sorc = Sorcerer

AD = Aldmeri Dominion
    EP = Ebonheart Pact
    DC = Daggerfall Covenant, Darkshade Caverns, Disconnected, Dragonclaw. (This one is a bit confusing when used out of context. At least for me.)
    Aldmeri Dominion For Life!
    Crassus Licinius II - DK - V14 - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade NA (The Dragonknight that refuses to go Vampire.)
    N'tel Arlena - NB - V14 - Retired Sap Tank of Haderus NA, Harasser of Many (Also, not a vampire. Goes by nickname Nutella.)

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

Officially Resigned From Cyrodiil As Of 4/15/15 10:24 PM EST.
  • savinel
    savinel
    ✭✭
    Panda244 wrote: »
    3. Not sure what pet you're talking about. But yes, if you put the pet in your bank and log onto another character you can then get the pet on that character, but not both characters.

I don't use pets so I may be wrong, but I think if you "use" the pet it will now put it in your collections tab and will be available to all your toons. Same for mounts.

Today's main: Hits Like Wet Noodle, Argonian Templar, Ebonheart Pact

.. and stop calling me "Vestige!"
  • roskakori10eb17_ESO
    ty guys went for high elf templar in ebonheart
  • roskakori10eb17_ESO
    last question can u join multiple npc guilds at same time
  • bellanca6561n
    bellanca6561n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You will join three NPC guilds even if you don't enjoy questing.

Mage's Guild
    Fighter's Guild
    Undaunted

They first two are part of the level 1-50 story and each has a skill line. The first two you build up in the course of questing; the last you build after hitting 45 but later for that.

And, although it's not a guild, at level 10 you'll get your summons to Cyrodiil. Take it. It's a tutorial actually and give you two skill lines that will come in handy later. You also get two skill points from the tutorial.

You can belong to up to 5 player guilds. Most folks have their social guild, their PvE guild, two or three trade guilds, their PvP guild. If you're in the Pact there are also more RP guilds than the other factions but you didn't strike me as the RP type...though please correct me if I'm wrong ;)

Although every guild recruiter says their guild does it all - and they're not lying, they try - I have found that guilds tend to focus on one thing. But you'll see lots of guild recruiters on zone chat in the starter zones. Feel free to try them out...
    Edited by bellanca6561n on March 19, 2015 10:41AM