Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Old retail ESO?

Coffey69_101
Coffey69_101
Soul Shriven
So what happens with the old retail version of ESO now when the more considerably expensive Unlimited version is released?
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So what happens with the old retail version of ESO now when the more considerably expensive Unlimited version is released?

It's the same game just with updates. You can now play with no monthly subscription if you own a copy of the game. You can also still pay a monthly sub for bonuses to certain things.
    NA Server - Kildair
  • Coffey69_101
    Coffey69_101
    Soul Shriven
    Robbmrp wrote: »

It's the same game just with updates. You can now play with no monthly subscription if you own a copy of the game. You can also still pay a monthly sub for bonuses to certain things.

I have an additional retail ESO which I gave to my brother who never used it. Can he still use it and will the 1m free sub be converted to the PLUS membership?
  • Dekkameron
    Dekkameron
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I have an additional retail ESO which I gave to my brother who never used it. Can he still use it and will the 1m free sub be converted to the PLUS membership?

They can use it, not 100% about the free month though.. Probably.
    - Veteran Combat Librarian -
  • Glierhuin
    Glierhuin
    ✭✭✭
    Dekkameron wrote: »

They can use it, not 100% about the free month though.. Probably.

There will be no free ESO plus membership for new players. Only 500 crowns.
    I have approximate knowledge of many things.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I can confirm that for those old retail versions that were activated just before the TU launch you got 1 free month of Plus membership. I don't know about ones activated after launch, but I don't see why it would be different.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭

As long as it was never activated they should be able to use it. If it doesn't work he'll want to contact customer service to see if it was previously activated.
    NA Server - Kildair