The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Wheres the story of eso heading do you guys think?. (Theories Welcome) ((possible spoiler)

Kingslayer
Kingslayer
✭✭✭
Been having a think about where Eso might be heading in future expansions story wise.

From what we know for now Molag bal has been stopped, Abnur tharn has ran off with the amulet of kings and we have the three banners war still going on. I don't' think they can resolve the war anytime soon maybe they will expand on it there are quite a lot of gaps on the map of tamriel after all. Large chunks of each province being missing etc. What do you guys think?. Any ideas? potential villains?. New Daedric princes perhaps? Given that molag bal i think is pretty much done with.
Edited by Kingslayer on May 24, 2014 1:04PM
  • vengance89
    vengance89
    Soul Shriven
    All I know is that you have to put SPOILER ALERT before your message: the blurb in the forum ruined the ending for me >.>
  • Diaboli
    Diaboli
    ✭✭✭
    I am almost sure that the Morag Tong/Dark Brotherhood conflict should be on the rise soon, and I hoped the birth of Tiber Septim was coming sooner than like 250 years, but that seems like a no-go.

With no Septim bloodline , I'm kinda at a loss. The progeny of Alessia haven't made an appearance in history that I know of. (Alessia, being the forebearer of the Septim and Dragonborn bloodlines)
    If I throw a dog a bone, I don't care to know how it tastes... - Brick Top
  • Carnagan
    Carnagan
    ✭✭✭
    Well, we know that we aren't going to see the Empire united. That's something that doesn't happen until Tiber Septim takes the throne, and I'd get really annoyed if they did something to bring him in this early.

I'd also prefer that they not introduce new Princes.

Molag Bal and Meridia make it clear that something is coming that makes the planemeld potentially preferable. Molag Bal is pleased that you have shown to be a useful tool to deal with this coming threat, after all.

Further, we can safely say that the game takes place during a massive Dragon Break caused by the Soul Burst, and that hasn't been stitched up yet. Time is more malleable* than it has ever been, with several instances of time travel coming up before you even consider the Cadwell Silver/Gold missions you are sent on.

Whatever is coming seems to be outside of the Alliance too, since Meridia has you travel the other Alliances specifically to see what they are and to understand them as a people instead of as enemies. This need to see the bigger picture of Tamriel suggests that the Daedric Prince wants the Vestige to have a wider understanding of the world, which doesn't make sense for a mortal-centric conflict.

My theory is that we may see Sithis act overtly and try to take advantage of the Dragon Break to drag everything (The Mundus, Aetherius and Oblivion) back into the Void. Or we may see the Divines try to reclaim some of the power they had sacrificed in the creation of the Mundus.

Or we may see something involving the Dwemer (which I kinda would but kinda wouldn't like). That's the fun thing about a Dragon Break. The events which occur within it become very blurred or are forgotten altogether, which is why the events of this game not getting mentioned before is in keeping with the lore.

*one caveat with time being more malleable. All the time travel has been from the 2e 582 into the past or from the past to 2e 582. It lets us explore aspects of the world we haven't see or really heard of before. Using it to go into the Third Era or meet Tiber Septim might be possible, but it seems more likely that time goes back over what has happened prior to the break, as opposed to later. Then again, maybe the time travel only occurs to points that occur within another Dragon Break.
    Edited by Carnagan on June 17, 2014 4:28PM
    "You dream of the Moon and a man who is less than a man."
    Proud explorer of Tamriel since 1996
  • SouthernDiscomfort
    Hopefully away from cults and bloody necromancers! Death cults is one of the least imaginative plot antagonists, I still get cold sweats over the ending of Condemned 2.
    "Gentlemen, you can't fight in here; this is The War Room!"