Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Need help with the justice system

Mansome
Mansome
✭✭✭
So far my first few attempts at being a thief have barely been successful. I am needing some tips on making this work for me.

I do have one major concern. In one of the previous elder scroll games if you killed certain NPCs you basically had to either start over or go to a save point where the NPC was still alive in order to still progress. Since in MMOs there is no do over button like in a single player game, how do I know if the person I am about to kill is one of those NPCs that do not need to die?

My biggest issue so far is the guards, its really hard to get past them especially when they have such huge detection range. Its like they can smell the thief/murder on you. Once the guards do come for you getting away is really hard when its like trying to run away from Scorpion from mortal kombat. You only get so far before they yank you back. If it wasnt for pots or a self heal I would not be able to make it to the thieves den to escape. Looking at the health bar it appears that fighting them is definitely out of the question. I have seen a few noobs try this and get royally slaughtered because they dont know the layout of the city and end up just running into more guards.

So what are your tips on being a successful thief?
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All needed NPCs (merchants, quest givers etc.) Can NOT be killed :)

All NPCs you kill respawn eventually.

Try just stealing from boxes and whatnot first, pickpocketing is best left for when you have a higher skill. Always ensure your eye says Hidden before taking anything.

Always stealth and watch the guards, they have paths and at some point will walk away so you can quickly run by.

You can not kill guards. Stop trying. Just run. RUUUN!! He he Make sure you know how to break free.

Your bounty degrades over time, so try a new toon or log off to let it degrade. You can also head to Cyrodiil at level 10 where there is no justice system.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • farrier_ESO
    farrier_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Yet another indie games programmer.
    Upvote the change you want to see.