Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can't launch game, Log in but stuck at Loading screen forever.

Smasherx74
Smasherx74
✭✭✭✭✭
See last post

For whatever reason, my max download speed for ESO is at around 440 kb/s, I started downloading yesterday morning, I kept the download going even through my daily use, last night I even shut off all of my programs using the network including my anti virus, steam, skype, and I still did not get a noteable increase in download speed. Now here it is the next day and it's still under 25% complete. The download has been running for an entire 24 hours, with less than 25% completed at 440kb/s.

I played during the beta, and had to download this game Twice, this is my third time. I remember my first two times installing the game it was extremely slow because of the sheer size, however it wasn't THIS slow. And this appears to have nothing to do with my network, I'm wired, I'm the only thing using my network, not even my phones are connected, and I'm using the fastest internet provider you can get here, which is comcast. On my end, there is no reason for this download to be going this slow unless ESO has lowered their max download speed or something. Either way this is just ridiculous, I'm not going to run this download for more than 2 entire days, it's as simple as that expecially if it's still under 50%.

The whole, If you bought the game you can come back and play now thing really got me, but this is just taking me back to all the trouble I've went through with this game such as my download not appearing for the first 23 hours and having to get tech support to fix it then they refused to give me an additional day of my 30 days because I had my problem solved in less than 24 hours.
Edited by Smasherx74 on March 18, 2015 7:05PM
Master Debater
  • Kragorn
    Kragorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aren't Comcast well known for 'traffic shaping', aka. P2P throttling?

Back in beta and early release I had lousy download times with Virgin Media in the UK who also implemented this customer-hostile policy and that only got resolved when VM stopped P2P throttling. I know the launcher doesn't use P2P but it LOOKS like it from a DPI perspective.
  • godofrawr
    godofrawr
    Soul Shriven
    I know it's not really helpful, but I started up the client download last night, and was getting about 7-8mb/s which is pretty standard. Seems like an ISP issue, more than a server related one. A lot of ISPs are really bad about throttling certain types of traffic (as Kragorn said)... but that being said, I'm on Rogers in Canada, who are usually pretty bad for throttling P2P-like traffic, and my connection was fine.
  • Regoras
    Regoras
    ✭✭✭
    I have a Comcast Extreme line... took about an hour the day before yesterday.
  • Smasherx74
    Smasherx74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The download speeded up, and is finished now however I cannot launch the game, I can log in and all but it stays in a loading screen and never progresses. I'm not sure what to do now...
    Master Debater