Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

My prefered character is missing.

fredrock46b14_ESO
I logged back into the game today. It's been about a year since I played last. When I click the play button I am taken to a Character page and asked to select a Country but not for the Character I want to use. Everything else is greyed out. I have a maxed out character but it is not shown.
The page shows "Characters: 1/8" which I think means I only have one character. However, the bottom right of the same page shows "Delete (3)". If I delete it will my other character but shown?
  • Crunch
    Crunch
    No, don't delete. Something is wrong, but I don't know exactly what you are seeing with your character. You can only delete a character a certain amount of times, as a limit. Sounds like you have 3 deletes left, but you don't want to use them on your one and only character.
  • fredrock46b14_ESO
    Ok, thanks for clearing that up for me. Any idea how I could retrieve my character?
    I could send you a screen shot but I don't see an option for it.

I never removed the game from my PC so I tried logging in today and the game loaded up properly.
    When I tried logging in though it gave me an error requiring a patch. So I installed it from the ESO site. I told it to install the game in the default Zenimax location which is where my older version is. I thought it would just update the existing game but now I'm not so sure.
    Do you think I should try entering the country for this character even though it's not the one I want? Maybe doing so would open other options?
  • LameoveR
    LameoveR
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you didn't start the game for a year, there must be a big patch downloads.
    Other way is to start a repair tool.
  • fredrock46b14_ESO
    The game installed fine today and I am able to log in. Just not with the character I want to use.
    I see now that I could have clicked the Download button on my ESO account page. I didn't notice it before and just downloaded from the generic site. Would that make a difference?
  • Glierhuin
    Glierhuin
    ✭✭✭
    You are most likely connected to the wrong server. There is the EU and the NA megaserver. Make sure you log into the right one by checking your launcher settings.
    I have approximate knowledge of many things.
  • ZOS_TristanK
    ZOS_TristanK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, @fredrock46b14_ESO. Definitely take @Glierhuin's advice and make sure you're connecting to the correct server. If you are running any addons, we recommend disabling them, as they might also be causing the issue. If you're on the right server, and it isn't addons, please try running a repair on your client.

Please let us know if you still don't see your character after repairing!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • fredrock46b14_ESO
    I'm sorry. I'm an idiot. My one and only character is the one I was looking for. I just saw the Character level 9 on the log on screen and knew I was a lot further along than that. Once I logged the character in I realized it Veteran Level 9. It's been awhile since I last played. Anyway, thanks for the help.
    I'm still a little disappointed though. I thought there would be a new area and some new quests after all this time.
  • ZOS_TristanK
    ZOS_TristanK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, we're glad your character isn't missing after all! We have some neat new zones in the works and will for sure share more information with everyone when we can. :)
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • fredrock46b14_ESO
    Ok, great. I'm looking forward to it. And again thanks everyone for the help.