Maintenance for the week of May 27:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 27

Laundring apples

helediron
helediron
✭✭✭✭✭
I think very cheap stuff like food ingredients shouldn't need laundring. They should be just finders keepers. I can't fence them all because there is some daily limit, and then they use up the inventory twice because i find them also from non-stealable containers. This 1.6 was supposed to ease provisioning inventory problem but this makes it worse. I keep staring these sinful apples and wonder what exactly the fences do with them. Do they wash them is some holy water or what?

How about autolaundring everything that has laundry cost of, say one or two golds?
On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • subbssb14_ESO
    Just drag the separate stacks together after you launder. It doesn't take up extra room except temporarily. And don't tell me this system made it worse, I gained about 100 bank spaces, having a few duplicate stacks from stealing doesn't take up nearly as much room as all the old ingredients did, and anyways, consider the inconvenience the price you pay for being a criminal. Find containers that aren't owned and you wont have the problem. There are plenty of crates/barrels/baskets/urns in many delves.
    Options
  • Smaxx
    Smaxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just cook something from those apples. You don't have to launder them for use. :)
    Options
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @subbssb14_ESO yes good for bank but bad when collecting. Then they take double space. I don't care about the justice system. You can play that criminal thingy if you want but for me this is just collecting apples and stuff. I do it daily by hundreds so it's a permanent problem. I am not going to limit myself to half of the crates. It's ok to laundry pictures of your aunt but laundring cheap ingredients is just an unnecessary bother. Or remove the limits in fence, whatever, but make the system work for real crafters.

I am stocking the ingredients so cooking immediately is not an option. It is ok for small scale, but not when you feed an army.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
    Options
  • sigsergv
    sigsergv
    ✭✭✭✭
    Btw, you can find a lot of apples in Belkarth, they are not in owned container so you don't need to launder them. Just follow the road to the lake, there are lots of baskets with apples.
    Options
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Smaxx wrote: »
    Just cook something from those apples. You don't have to launder them for use. :)
    This. No dish tastes as sweet as the one made from stolen pilfered produce.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
    Options
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do think it would make sense from a lore/realism perspective that very common, low value, items don't need to be fenced. Maybe they could be classed as stolen at first, and simply lose that designation over time. No one is going to see a random person walking down the street with an apple and recognise it as the one that was stolen from them a week ago.

Whether it's a good idea from a game mechanics perspective is harder to answer, especially since most of the items we can steal are commonly available as 'legal' items too.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
    Options
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't steal anything today and fenced a second set of ingredients from yesterday, and i still got left some uncleans. Is the fencing limited by amount or value?
    Options
  • Snit
    Snit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, when you asked that elf to "wash your apples," you claim you were baking a pie?

Likely story!
    Snit AD Sorc
    Ratbag AD Warden Tank
    Goblins AD Stamblade

Options
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, exactly, i am baking lots of pies. The stupid elf can't wash quick enough to keep up with the demand of crafters. Now give me fences that can wash stacks of apples, or there will be no pies for you!

It took three days to launder just few hundred ingredients, and meanwhile i can't get them out from inventory to farm something else. The current laundry limits are set for amateurs! I can understand such limits for the pictures of your aunt, but for ingredients there must be some effeciency.
    Options
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    helediron wrote: »
    I didn't steal anything today and fenced a second set of ingredients from yesterday, and i still got left some uncleans. Is the fencing limited by amount or value?

It should be by amount--so you're limited to 50 items (or whatever your current limit is) per day and they can be as cheap or expensive as you want. There should also be a Legerdemain passive that boosts the number of items you can fence/launder per day.

#proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
    Options
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks @WhiteCoatSyndrome . Then it is a serious limitation for crafters. With a small test i overran the daily limit by three times. With regular farming i will have trouble with limit of 500. I think the limit should be changed to value of the items.
    Options
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The real question is why are you stealing apples ?
    Options
  • Majic
    Majic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When life hands you apples, make Orcrest Garlic Apple Jelly. B)
    Epopt Of The Everspinning Logo, Church Of The Eternal Loading Screen
    And verily, verily, spaketh the Lord: "Error <<1>>"
    Options