Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Transferring Players to Console Platforms

danny_zuko2309b16_ESO
Hi,

As I understand ZOS would be allowing players before a specified date to transfer their account from the PC to the console of their choice. Now I know we don't know too much about what's happening with console until nearer the release, however i'm just wanting clarification that if I choose to transfer my characters over, will this be simply a template copy? Meaning I can still log back into the characters i already had on PC,but also have the templates on say PS4 (I know they're separate servers so progress won't be migrated). Or is it a one time transfer where once it's transferred, you can only continue playing those characters on that console?

A lot of guild discussion about this and nobody really has a solid or detailed answer.

Thank you in advance :smiley:
  • Kragorn
    Kragorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A lot of guild discussion about this and nobody really has a solid or detailed answer.
    ZOS gave a 'solid' answer some weeks ago, I'm sure Search is your friend if you want to find it, no idea why the guilds you're in don't contain a single person who reads what ZOS post here.

[edit]

Removed my comments on it when I found the 'official' text below.
    Edited by Kragorn on March 15, 2015 4:40PM
  • Kragorn
    Kragorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here you go, Google lists it as the FIRST HIT on a search "eso console copy":

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/147660/question-about-character-transfer-copy-to-console

and the link in the 'green' post #2 goes to this:
    Does the Console Transfer Offer move my PC / Mac account and associated characters permanently to the designated console version?
    Updated 02/18/2015 07:22 AM Published 06/18/2014 10:47 AM
    No. This offer will simply take an exact copy of your PC / Mac account and replicate it. From the point of the transfer, the original PC / Mac account will remain 'as is', whilst the new console account will be 100 percent separate. Progress made on one account will not affect the progress made on the other account.
    Edited by Kragorn on March 15, 2015 4:39PM
  • danny_zuko2309b16_ESO
    And an answer was all I needed .. much appreciated