Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Returning player who has lots of questions

Mansome
Mansome
✭✭✭
Hi all,
I am a returning player to ESO. I have seen the improvements to the game that have been done and they look great. However I still a lot of questions.

When trying to become a werewolf how do you know what phase the moon is in? I have been trying to figure this out for a while now. I know you can get someone to bite you but I would rather not have to pay someone to do this.

Do mobs crit or not? I have heard a few conflicting things on this. Some say bosses while other say none crit.

I see a lot of posts online about how people run out of skill points which is why they don’t suggest crafting. Do people not know about sky shards or something? There are like a ton of them out there. Do they all of sudden stop appearing once you hit V1 in the other faction zones?

My next question is on theft with the justice system. When you steal something is it better to sell if to the fence or launder it and then sell it later? Does it sell for more if its “un-stolen”. Just trying to see if there is any benefit to laundering if you don’t want to keep the item aside from the achievements and leveling the skill.

Has ESO come up with a way for upper levels to play with lower levels in dungeons to get missed achievements? Not sure if any of you played MMOs to do this but game I played in the past called City of Heroes had a mentoring system that allowed you to lower your level to that of your aspirant and you could do content with them without destroying their XP and drops. Does ESO have anything like this?

Whats the easiest way to do the writs thing? Its hard to keep up on this especially for enchanting. Its like they never fixed enchanting since I left its still way too slow to level. There are still not enough of those enchanting house node-thingies compared to everything else. Even with the addons showing where I went before the supply is still short.

Any add-on suggestions?

Lastly I want to thank Deltia for putting up such an awesome site and youtube channel (still trying to finish all the videos) for information. I have learned a ton about skills, builds and mechanics of the game. Keep up the good work.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can craft with your toon, just don't attempt to do all crafts on one and be an excellent warrior. (I did this.. BAD idea) Although if you would like, you can take the route on one toon being your crafter, play it up until VR1 so you have access to all the crafting stations.. and then play your main with a crazy amount of skill points!

I tried checking out the laundering vs selling thing too. As far as I could tell, the items ended up selling for the same, so I no longer bother to launder anything I am not keeping. Keep in mind, thing such as recipes/motifs will sell for a LOT more on guild traders than to vendors.. so launder those.

All the dungeons now scale. You can head to any regular dungeon as a Vet and do the quest etc. and have it be at your level. The dungeon scales to the group's leader upon entry of the dungeon. Keep in mind they will only scale down to the lowest level the dungeon was offered at, not below that.

Enchanting levelling speed was actually improved a LOT. Do the crafting writs to level up quicker as they do reward a decent amount of experience. As well, find someone who you can trade glyphs with. Deconstructing player made glyphs is still the best source of inspiration (outside of writs).

Add-ons? Personal preference. But here is some common ones.
    FTC
    CLS
    Combat Cloud
    Bank Manager Revised
    Minimap by Fyrakin
    Advanced Inventory Filters
    Awesome guild store
    LootDrop
    A reseach add-on (Research buddy 2 etc.)
    Wykkyd's Suite (Outfitter, quest tracker, toolbar etc.)
    All can be found at ESOui.com and downloading the add-on manager minion is nice.

Feel free to chat with me in game if you have any questions :) As well I stream on twitch (link in signature) and on Wednesdays stream what I turn into youtube video's (just started a Beginner's Guide.. the really reallybeginner stuff that Deltia doesn't cover)

[EDIT] Oh yes. I work under the impression that mobs do not crit. Although, I could be wrong. [/EDIT]
    Edited by MissBizz on March 16, 2015 2:04PM
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Caroloces
    Caroloces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All good questions, and welcome back.

I'll tackle this one for now:
    Has ESO come up with a way for upper levels to play with lower levels in dungeons to get missed achievements? Not sure if any of you played MMOs to do this but game I played in the past called City of Heroes had a mentoring system that allowed you to lower your level to that of your aspirant and you could do content with them without destroying their XP and drops. Does ESO have anything like this?

If you're talking about the 4 person dungeons in each zone, they will scale to the level of the group leader. Higher level players can join in the group, and help out, but their player levels will be retained. If a VR player comes, you have to make sure that the dungeon is set to "normal" mode, and not veteran mode if your intent is to play pre-vet. For the public dungeon in each zone, any level can play and group and the dungeon bosses will retain the level of the zone, though if you are a vet and doing cadwell's silver or gold, those public dungeons will be the vet levels of the zone, and this also applies to your basic run of the mill delves and dungeons scattered about.
  • Mansome
    Mansome
    ✭✭✭
    I am still a bit confused on the levels here. So say a level 40 joins a level 15 instance, the mobs will be 40 so how will the other players be able to hit them? Won't the level 15s get 1shotted by the level 40 critters?
  • Alabyn
    Alabyn
    ✭✭✭
    Mansome wrote: »
    I am still a bit confused on the levels here. So say a level 40 joins a level 15 instance, the mobs will be 40 so how will the other players be able to hit them? Won't the level 15s get 1shotted by the level 40 critters?

The group dungeon difficulty is instanced to the group leader. So in your example, is the level 15 was lead the level 40 character would be fighting L15 mobs. Conversely, if the L40 was lead, the dungeon mobs would be scaled to L40. So yeah, that L15 better watch her step in the latter case!
    Edited by Alabyn on March 16, 2015 3:04PM
  • Mansome
    Mansome
    ✭✭✭
    Alabyn wrote: »

The group dungeon difficulty is instanced to the group leader. So in your example, is the level 15 was lead the level 40 character would be fighting L15 mobs. Conversely, if the L40 was lead, the dungeon mobs would be scaled to L40. So yeah, that L15 better watch her step in the latter case!

This is only when the instance is loaded right? Do all the mobs spawn initially or do they spawn as you go? I dont want to end up in a situation where leader drops or we get some troll who drops causing leadership to move to me and then all the critters are too high for everyone to hit.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alabyn wrote: »

This is only when the instance is loaded right? Do all the mobs spawn initially or do they spawn as you go? I dont want to end up in a situation where leader drops or we get some troll who drops causing leadership to move to me and then all the critters are too high for everyone to hit.

Yes. Upon entering the dungeon the mobs are scaleds to the group leader's level at that time. If leader drops, or changed, the mobs will not change level.

VR1, level 20, level 45 (leader) and VR2 group and enter the dungeon (let's say Banished Cells). The mobs will be level 45.

A) Leader drops group. The mobs are still level 45.

B) Inside the dungeon, the VR2 is given leader status. Mobs will still be level 45.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Mansome
    Mansome
    ✭✭✭
    Ok this clears things up alot for me. Now I can finally finish all this undaunted stuff.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi all,
    I am a returning player to ESO. I have seen the improvements to the game that have been done and they look great. However I still a lot of questions.

When trying to become a werewolf how do you know what phase the moon is in? I have been trying to figure this out for a while now. I know you can get someone to bite you but I would rather not have to pay someone to do this.
    Really, the only way to know is by looking at the sky at night. Or at least I haven't figured out any other way to know. Knowing where the werewolves spawn, and in which zone (only the final zone of each alliance prior to Coldharbour) helps, and sometimes just asking in zone chat will let you know if they're out on any given night. Of course, lots of people will bite you for free these days - I give out free bites to any guildies who want them on a semi-regular basis.
    Do mobs crit or not? I have heard a few conflicting things on this. Some say bosses while other say none crit.
    I thought that they didn't, but I'll admit to not being completely sure on this.
    I see a lot of posts online about how people run out of skill points which is why they don’t suggest crafting. Do people not know about sky shards or something? There are like a ton of them out there. Do they all of sudden stop appearing once you hit V1 in the other faction zones?
    Nah, they're there in the Cadwell's Silver and Gold zones. Don't do every craft on one character and you'll be fine.
    My next question is on theft with the justice system. When you steal something is it better to sell if to the fence or launder it and then sell it later? Does it sell for more if its “un-stolen”. Just trying to see if there is any benefit to laundering if you don’t want to keep the item aside from the achievements and leveling the skill.
    Nope, I've never found an item to sell for more to a regular vendor than to a fence.
    Whats the easiest way to do the writs thing? Its hard to keep up on this especially for enchanting. Its like they never fixed enchanting since I left its still way too slow to level. There are still not enough of those enchanting house node-thingies compared to everything else. Even with the addons showing where I went before the supply is still short.
    You get a lot more inspiration for deconstructing white glyphs now than you used to, so enchanting (while still probably the longest to level) is a lot faster to level now. I've got hirelings on a bunch of alts to bring me runes - that's the only way I really keep up.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)