Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Getting to 30k Health for Tanking With DK

LadyKaliska
Just came back to this game, and currently my DK is wearing full set of Hist Bark, with Footman Gear, all heavy. (V14) With the new patch 1.6, softcaps have been removed, and I don't understand how some people are hitting 30k for tanking. If I divest all 62 points into health, even with potions and food buffs, I do not hit anywhere near 30k. I have the Lord Mundus stone active as well, along with the buffs for it on my armor. Without points invested, I'm at 16k, with all my points and tri food buff, I would sit at 26k, give or take, but then I would fall short on stam and magicka for abilities.
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Health-boosting set bonuses, race bonuses(imperial gets 12%), and slotted abilities that increase health by a percentage (anything shadow for a NB, structured entropy). Also, warrior champ points. Those percentages add up fast(i think someone managed 60K health as an exercise).
  • LadyKaliska
    Thanks for the quick response. I rolled a Nord, so unfortunately I can't tap into that sweet bonus.
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the quick response. I rolled a Nord, so unfortunately I can't tap into that sweet bonus.

Nords are still great, flat 6% less damage taken, and you can build him into a health regeneration monster with the racial 30% bonus to it. I know, i made an Orc just for that, and(with the correct equipment) i started clearing out group dungeons solo at level 12 without heals - the bosses simply do not do enough damage fast enough to overcome my natural health regen. And that was with the racial still only at 10%! Cant wait to see what the little green bugger will be capable of when he fully blossoms :)