The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Hist Bark and Major Evasion.

Zsymon
Zsymon
✭✭✭✭
Does the 20% dodge from Major Evasion stack with the 18% dodge from the Hist Bark 5 piece set bonus?

Best Answers

• DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope and it never has, even though ZoS used to say that it did. Many Players have tested it ad nauseam and found at best you get from 18% to 21% with both.
    Answer ✓
  • Hutuldur
    Hutuldur
    ✭✭
    Did a bit of testing last night and it stacks, but there seems to be hard cap on dodge chance. Hist Bark + Major Evasion dodge change ended to 25-26% in all tests I made. Hist bark alone was 17-18%. Test runs were quite short, so I will double check tonight.

So using both is an improvement, but not big enough to be worth using unless you got too much stamina.
    Answer ✓
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a few days ago I tested Hist Bark alone versus Hist Bark + Elude (Major Evasion skill), and there was NO difference. The rate of dodges was about 20% in both cases. This was over runs of 90 hits from Wisps, which attack at very visible and regular intervals.

Even if the dodge buffs stacked multiplicatively instead of additively, you would still get about a 35% overall dodge chance, but I've never been able to get anything close to that.
    Edited by Emma_Overload on March 15, 2015 4:05PM
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
    Answer ✓
  • Zsymon
    Zsymon
    ✭✭✭✭
    In other words, would I have 38% chance to dodge while blocking?
  • Hutuldur
    Hutuldur
    ✭✭
    Was wondering this myself also just today.
  • Zsymon
    Zsymon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Hutuldur.