Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Returning Player looking to avoid bigger mistakes

chimichi
chimichi
Hi all,
I just resubbed after about a years break and altough i would like to pick up my highest old Character again, i am somewhat afraid to run into trouble.
It's a Nightblade Vampire i used to play as a bloodmage.with Restostaff, 5 pieces light, 2heavy armor, magickabased if i remember correctly. I used to be a bit slower than my friends when soloing, but i rarely died, and with points in dark elf fire resist even that was manageable. Is that somehow viable now? what would be the most important skills to take? i recall a lot of skill did not work back then but i don't know if the ones i used were afflicted.
I was on 7 mins left on stage 2, so i just went to the starting area, spend a skillpoint on essence drain and one on strife and went to find some bandits for feeding, so i'm down to stage 1 29 mins again. And then i deceided to log of to ask here. So much seems changed, i don't want to end up with a bounty- can anyone help? I guess i put skillpoints in my racial fire resist again, and then?

Input is much appreciated :)
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want to avoid NPC mayhem, there is an option to avoid hurting innocent NPCs. As for stealing, other than lockboxes or doors, you can look in the containers but not take anything. Lockboxes and locked doors you are dinged as soon as you click on it if you are seen, even by accident.

As for Magic vs Stamina. The main difference now is you have to pick one or the other, then go all in. I think Stamina is better for a NB currently, but that means using a bladed weapon or a bow, not a staff. However this does not mean that magic is useless outside of Trials and possibly PvP. I think some are doing just fine in PvP with Magic, but more are finding it easier to be a Stamina Based NB. Trials are what they are, but are not the rest of the game. But if you looking to max DPS, it seems that Stamina is the way to go for Trials content.

You pick Stamina or Magic based on the skill morphs as you usually have a Magic or Stamina choice on the Morph. But, one you make the choice, then put most of your attributes into that side, and use Glyphs of the same on your armor.

If you go Stamina, then go Medium Armor, 5 pieces in that, and then 2 Heavy. You need the Stamina management and passive that provides.

Then there is the Champion System. Don't spread the points around, pick one constellation from each group, and put most or all your points into that constellation. This is so you can get to the L30 passive unlock sooner. If your having issues picking a constellation over another one, then look at the L10 and L30 passives that unlock to see if they will help your character. Otherwise just pick the boosts that will help you.
    Edited by Nestor on March 11, 2015 3:47PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"