The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Can't update the game

DaCuban
DaCuban
Soul Shriven
I can't update the game because everytime I initiate the launcher this told me that the servers are in maintenance, i purchased teso 5 days ago and i initiate from the .exe because the launcher only says "Repair" and when i click repair it doesn't works.

I played on the beta and the launcher is the launcher of the beta, but i tryed reinstalling it and it made it even worse, the launcher won't load at all just the images from TESO but no buttons, neither text.

Sorry for the english, but this is not my native language.
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there @DaCuban!

It sounds like you're running from the Beta launcher, which will need to be updated in order to update the game correctly. Here's how to do that without reinstalling the game files that you already have.
    1. Head to the installation location, by default this is at C:\Program Files (x86)\Elder Scrolls Online
    2. Right click on the Launcher folder and choose Rename. Name it Launcher.old.
    3. Head to our website at https://account.elderscrollsonline.com/ and sign in with your game username and password.
    4. Choose Download Game on the website, which will only download the launcher. Run this file.
    5. When asked for an installation location, ensure that you place it in the same folder that has Launcher.old in it. If you installed to the default location, you shouldn't need to change anything.
    6. Once the new launcher is installed, run the Bethesda.net Launcher.
    7. It should begin updating automatically. If not, choose Game Options above the news articles and choose Check for Updates from the dropdown.

If that doesn't help, please let us know!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • DaCuban
    DaCuban
    Soul Shriven
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome, glad that helped!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • SWEtree
    SWEtree
    This helped. Thanks <3
    Balance ftw