Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Rings of mara and champion points

qwjr8989_ESO
qwjr8989_ESO
✭✭✭
Hi there I have a quick quest!

Do the rings of mara get you champion points 10% faster too?

Thank you for the information!
  • qwjr8989_ESO
    qwjr8989_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    anyone know?
  • Kragorn
    Kragorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know, but there's a post last July that pointed out the ring didn't work with VPs (Veteran Rank XP) so on that basis I'd suspect it won't since I assume CPs are derived from VPs as CPs are only obtained while on e VR character.
  • Sherrieg
    Sherrieg
    ✭✭
    I am waiting for an answer to this also. I hate to waste a ring slot. My husband and I put our rings back on after the update, and I feel that it is making a difference; but perhaps it is just wishful thinking.
  • Kragorn
    Kragorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sherrieg wrote: »
    I am waiting for an answer to this also. I hate to waste a ring slot. My husband and I put our rings back on after the update, and I feel that it is making a difference; but perhaps it is just wishful thinking.
    It's pretty easy to prove I would think.

1) Check your XP
    2) Kill a mjob
    3) Check XP again
    4) Remove ring and repeat.

The XP progress shown in the CP bar in both cases should tell you; or simply do it once with one of you wearing the ring and the other not.
  • qwjr8989_ESO
    qwjr8989_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Well veteran points don't exist anymore only experience points. So the rings of mara do help with your veteran rank now. I just don't know about the champion points. I'd imagine so as I expect it's a 1to1 ratio.

I have a friend who has a ring of mara but he doesn't want to use it unless the champion points are increased too. So we need to know so we can decide whether to do this or not.

Can maybe @ZOS_GinaBruno answer this question please?

Thank you!
  • Kragorn
    Kragorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a friend who has a ring of mara but he doesn't want to use it unless the champion points are increased too. So we need to know so we can decide whether to do this or not.
    So do the 5 minute test I'm suggesting, you'll wait a lot longer for a 'green' answer I expect.

As for VPs no longer existing, I'm not totally sure that's correct, VRs still clearly exist so .. anyway, do the test yourself is still my suggestion.

• qwjr8989_ESO
    qwjr8989_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    The only way to test it is to have him use his ring which he doesn't want to do without confirmation. If someone else had a ring already used that could test that'd be great!
  • Sherrieg
    Sherrieg
    ✭✭
    We tested it - looks like it is working - getting approx. 10% bonus on championship points. :)
  • qwjr8989_ESO
    qwjr8989_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    woooooot! thank you!
  • oddsmaker
    oddsmaker
    ✭✭
    I just completed the ritual of Mara and did not see any bonus to champion points at all.
  • Sherrieg
    Sherrieg
    ✭✭
    We tried hard to test to get best results - we wrote down championship leveling up numbers. Then I killed a mammoth (while we both wore the rings) and my husband did not participate in any way ( he just watched). Both our scores went up but I was thinking this might be because we were grouped. Then we took off the rings and did the same thing again. With the rings on we received just a little less than 10 per cent difference - with a little gain while wearing the rings. That's as close as we can get to getting a good result I think.