The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Have I already reached 70 Champion Points?

IcyDeadPeople
IcyDeadPeople
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I have a VR13 with 200,000 XP towards the next level and a VR1 with 200,000 XP toward the next level.

Do I need to go higher or have I already accrued enough XP to qualify for the 70 Champion points?
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A VR13 is worth 60 points.
    A VR1 is worth 0 points.
    400,000XP are worth 2 points.

Total: 62 points.
    Wololo.
  • Sandmanninja
    Sandmanninja
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ok - I can't figure that pattern out.
    If each Vet Rank is a million XP, then each level should be worth 5 CP (1 million divided by 200 thousand is 5).
    <shrug> So I don't quite get it.

Q1:
    I have a VR9 (90% into it).
    I have a VR8 (70% into it)
    I have a VR4 (unknown percentage - low tho).
    Surely I should have my 70 CPs?

Q2:
    When 1.6 hits, will it do a quick 'pre-scan' of ALL of my characters and calculate how many CPs I have to spend?
    Or will I have to log onto each on, thus adjusting the CP pool with each log on?

Thank you

Edited by Sandmanninja on February 28, 2015 12:29PM
    [Hard Mode Dungeoneers] is recruiting all players of all levels for this new Guild.
    THIS IS A NEW-BUT-GROWING GUILD. We are focused on doing vet pledges, vet dungeons, getting achieves, & doing hard mode bosses.
    Most active GMT+10 (Australia time zone) in the afternoon Mon-Fri and all day Sat/Sun.
    Pst/email for info/invites.
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok - I can't figure that pattern out.
    If each Vet Rank is a million XP, then each level should be worth 5 CP (1 million divided by 200 thousand is 5).
    <shrug> So I don't quite get it.

Q1:
    Surely I should have my 70 CPs?

Q2:
    When 1.6 hits, will it do a quick 'pre-scan' of ALL of my characters and calculate how many CPs I have to spend?
    Or will I have to log onto each on, thus adjusting the CP pool with each log on?

Thank you

Q1: Yes, you have 70 CP between those characters.

Q2: The latter. You need to log in to each character in order to claim the accrued CP. Once you've done that, all those CP are pooled for the whole account.
    ----
    Murray?
  • PhlangePhace
    PhlangePhace
    Soul Shriven
    I think the slight confusion may be the fact that a VR1.0 won't, on conversion, generate any CP.

Whereas a VR2.0 will have 'completed' a single Vet Rank progression, generating 5 CP

So your VR9.9 should generate 44CP on conversion, your VR8.7 should generate 38CP (which is enough to give your total max 70, so no need to worry about the VR4)
  • Heishi
    Heishi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The formula would be 5(VR rank - 1)+1(XP/200,000)

Using OP's example:

I have a VR13 with 200,000 XP towards the next level and a VR1 with 200,000 XP toward the next level.

5(13-1)+1(200,000/200,00)
    5(12)+1(1)
    60+1
    61 CP

and a VR1 with 200,000 XP toward the next level

5(1-1)+1(200,000/200,00)
    5(0)+1(1)
    0+1
    1 CP

61+1=62 CP for OP

Using @Sandmanninja 's example which requires a bit more math since it is percentages:
    Q1:
    5(9-1)+1((.9*1,000,000)/200,000)
    5(8)+1(900,000/200,000)
    40+1(4.5)
    40+4.5
    round down because 900,000 hasn't quite reached the next point you need to be a whole cp
    44CP

5(8-1)+1((.7*1,000,000)/200,000)
    5(7)+1(700,000/200,000)
    35+1(3.5)
    35+3.5
    round down because 700,000 hasn't quite reached the next point you need to be a whole cp
    38 CP

Between those two it's already over 70 so we could stop, but since it's an example we'll finish out the last one.

5(4-1)+1(0/200,000)
    5(3)+1(0)
    15+0
    15 CP

44+38+15 = 97 CP
    Cap is 70 so you'll get 70

The math may make it look overly complicate, but I wanted to show to calculate it.
    And so did many brave men, women, and beast fall to the end of Beta, never to be heard from again. All that is left, is whispers of the adventures they had.
  • Sandmanninja
    Sandmanninja
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would like to thank you three for a very thoughtful and polite reply.

That's one thing that makes this game stand out, way above all of the other MMOs that I've played:
    the Community.

Far nicer, more polite than any other I've seen.

Thanks again.
    Edited by Sandmanninja on March 1, 2015 9:24AM
    [Hard Mode Dungeoneers] is recruiting all players of all levels for this new Guild.
    THIS IS A NEW-BUT-GROWING GUILD. We are focused on doing vet pledges, vet dungeons, getting achieves, & doing hard mode bosses.
    Most active GMT+10 (Australia time zone) in the afternoon Mon-Fri and all day Sat/Sun.
    Pst/email for info/invites.
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks very much for your help!

Unfortunately, it didn't quite work out this way - I have opened a ticket with support, hopefully it was an error of some kind.

At the time of Patch 1.6, I had one VR14 with 150k XP over the level, and separate VR1 character with 400k XP toward VR2.

I only received 65 champion points.
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Unfortunately, it didn't quite work out this way - I have opened a ticket with support, hopefully it was an error of some kind.

At the time of Patch 1.6, I had one VR14 with 150k XP over the level, and separate VR1 character with 400k XP toward VR2.

It looks like you received points only for your VR14. Did you log in with your VR1 character? Points aren't applied until you log in with the character who earned them.
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rosveen wrote: »

It looks like you received points only for your VR14. Did you log in with your VR1 character? Points aren't applied until you log in with the character who earned them.

Hmm, when I logged on to my VR1, I did notice I received 1 more point, but I thought it was because my VR14 had just grinded another CP before I switched to the VR1.

Total points received on log-in to VR14: 65
    Points earned from grinding on March 4 during enlightenment: 4
    Additional point (not sure if from grinding or due to logging on to VR1): 1

Current total: 70
    Edited by IcyDeadPeople on March 5, 2015 9:08PM
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You should have gotten 67 CP on 1.6 launch: 65 from VR14 and 2 from VR1. Are you sure your VR1 was at or above 400k XP and not a little bit under, which you automatically rounded up and didn't even notice? If it was, then that's a bug. Still, losing just one point isn't such a big deal. :)
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rosveen wrote: »
    You should have gotten 67 CP on 1.6 launch: 65 from VR14 and 2 from VR1. Are you sure your VR1 was at or above 400k XP and not a little bit under, which you automatically rounded up and didn't even notice? If it was, then that's a bug. Still, losing just one point isn't such a big deal. :)

Ah ok that makes sense. Thanks very much for helping me figure it out.

One point off is not that big of a deal. I mistakenly thought VR14 + 150K XP would have returned 69 CP (one below the max); however, from reviewing the calculation above, that would be only 65 points (13*5) as you say, with 2 additional points from the VR1 (which was above 400K XP toward VR2).

If I had realized this, I would have grinded a bit more before the patch to make sure to get 70CP instead of having fun in PVP. :p
    Edited by IcyDeadPeople on March 5, 2015 9:41PM