Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Way higher level than the quests

MrStealth
MrStealth
So i have ran into a problem.I have been fully exploring all zones and now im about to enter the Reaper's March and im level 43.The first quest of the zone is 37...My biggest concern is that the game got too easy for me at this moment.has anyone else expierenced this?

Thank you for your insights

Best Answer

• UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup, every character I've got has been over-leveled for the quests in the zones... It comes from being a completionist and wanting to make sure that you don't miss anything.

My suggestion for you (and something I've done) is that you skip any quests that display as grey in your journal, unless it seems like a required quest to get to the next quest in a zone. Also skip any of the quests that level with you (the guild quests and the main story quests) Go and do all of the green quests in the zone first, then any quests in the zone that are yellow, and then when you've run out of those quests, go back and do the grey quests.

By that time the grey quests will be a total faceroll, but by doing things in this order you'll reduce the speed at which you out-level quests, so overall you'll have fewer grey quests.

When you get to Coldharbour after you've completed Reaper's March and the appropriate main story quest (remember to wait to do this main story quest until after you've done everything in Reaper's March, as it will scale with your level), you won't need to worry about quests going grey anymore. Even if you reach VR1 soon after getting to Coldharbour (which has happened to me a couple of times now), the quests there are high enough level that they won't go grey for you.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
    Answer ✓
  • MrStealth
    MrStealth
    UrQuan wrote: »
    Yup, every character I've got has been over-leveled for the quests in the zones... It comes from being a completionist and wanting to make sure that you don't miss anything.

My suggestion for you (and something I've done) is that you skip any quests that display as grey in your journal, unless it seems like a required quest to get to the next quest in a zone. Also skip any of the quests that level with you (the guild quests and the main story quests) Go and do all of the green quests in the zone first, then any quests in the zone that are yellow, and then when you've run out of those quests, go back and do the grey quests.

By that time the grey quests will be a total faceroll, but by doing things in this order you'll reduce the speed at which you out-level quests, so overall you'll have fewer grey quests.

When you get to Coldharbour after you've completed Reaper's March and the appropriate main story quest (remember to wait to do this main story quest until after you've done everything in Reaper's March, as it will scale with your level), you won't need to worry about quests going grey anymore. Even if you reach VR1 soon after getting to Coldharbour (which has happened to me a couple of times now), the quests there are high enough level that they won't go grey for you.

Thanks for your time writing all this and helping me.Really appreciate it :smile: .I will do as you said.