The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Kutas from Hireling

• Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    nathan_bri wrote: »
    This topic again. There is a bug with Kutas abs enchanting. You need to have points into aspect extraction to get kutas from hirelings. You won't receive any without points in it. 3/3 will get you the most. I have 3 l50 enchanters with 3/3 aspect extraction and I still get 3-4 kuta a week from those alone. All my other hirelings have no aspect extraction despite having 3/3 hirelings and have never given me a kuta.

If your drop rate changed you probably respecced and didn't put the points back in....or its just a streak of bad luck.

I am starting to believe you. As a test, I put 3/3 into Extraction on one toon. None of the others received Kutas, but this one did twice in a row.

@nathan_bri Trust me. I went 2 months without seeing a single Kuta on all of my enchanting hirelings. Once I put points into aspect extraction I get them regularly. No other hireling functions like this.
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • nathan_bri
    nathan_bri
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ezareth wrote: »
    nathan_bri wrote: »
    This topic again. There is a bug with Kutas abs enchanting. You need to have points into aspect extraction to get kutas from hirelings. You won't receive any without points in it. 3/3 will get you the most. I have 3 l50 enchanters with 3/3 aspect extraction and I still get 3-4 kuta a week from those alone. All my other hirelings have no aspect extraction despite having 3/3 hirelings and have never given me a kuta.

If your drop rate changed you probably respecced and didn't put the points back in....or its just a streak of bad luck.

I am starting to believe you. As a test, I put 3/3 into Extraction on one toon. None of the others received Kutas, but this one did twice in a row.

@nathan_bri Trust me. I went 2 months without seeing a single Kuta on all of my enchanting hirelings. Once I put points into aspect extraction I get them regularly. No other hireling functions like this.

It's disappointing to realize this just as 1.6 is about to hit.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Islyn wrote: »
    This is the one hireling they should not nerf.

I just have this feeling that the Kuta I got last night was the last one I will ever see again outside my private stash of them.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• eldermpsmithrwb17_ESO
    I got same RNG problem

I get one a mail day from my main, maxed out crafter
    I have saved my gold level items for like last 4 months

I have 40 Wax
    8 Tempers
    20 Kuta

Mixed RNG for me, waxes are definately nicer to me than the others
    Selcouth Nexus V16 Templar Magika Healer/Dps
    Mrs Schadenfreude V16 Magika Sorc Dps/off heals
    Malevolent Lust v16 DK Stam Dps/tank
    Mephala's Rage v16 NB Magika Dps
    Lara Nipplestorm v16 DK Magika DPS
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have completed the Enchanting Writ twice in 1.6 (yesterday afternoon and again this morning) on my VR14 Master Enchanter and both of the writ reward chests contained a Kuta. If this continues, I may forget all about my hireling delivering Kuta runes.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LonePirate wrote: »
    I have completed the Enchanting Writ twice in 1.6 (yesterday afternoon and again this morning) on my VR14 Master Enchanter and both of the writ reward chests contained a Kuta. If this continues, I may forget all about my hireling delivering Kuta runes.

Hopefully this is the case. I will still use the hirelings to get Potencies, as those are the ones I am always looking for too.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• nathan_bri
    nathan_bri
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've done the enchanting writ on eight characters each day, both yesterday and today. Each character is at least 40 in Enchanting and, for the moment, has 3/3 in Extraction bonus, although it probably no longer has any effect. The Kuta rate from writs is pretty stellar. At least one each day so far and a four or five from saving up a few enchanting reward bags on each character from before 1.6.