Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Torug's Pact vs Ashen Grip 5 piece bonus

exiledtyrant
exiledtyrant
✭✭✭
I will be pursuing a build that incorporates both these sets but I am not sure which 5 piece bonus is better for dual wield dps.

First off can ashen grips fire proc crit? Is it increased by any attribute or stat? So far it looks like the legendary 5 piece bonus does 1093 damage.

Secondly are fire, ice, and lightning the only weapon enchants with a critical hit effect? I read that fire burns, frost snares, and lightning does disintegration damage on low health for critical hits. With traits and the Torug 5 piece bonus it looks like the enchantments could get into the 900 damage a hit range.

Knowing these answers should make it easier to decide overall.
Edited by exiledtyrant on March 4, 2015 3:04PM
If all are brethren
How could my hands not tremble
As breath fled my prey?

What blinds my vision?
My hands are tools; it must be
The haze of blossoms

-Salous the Penitent
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You'll get more DPS out of 5 piece Torag's with the internal cooldown redux than you will with the +27 DPS from Ashen.

Also, if your weapon is Torag, you'll get additional enchant damage as a resut of the +30% effectiveness.

Enchant the armor and you get added enchant benefit too - enchant to your stamina and your weapon damage goes up yet again, as a result.

Ashen: (10% chance to do +~1100 / 4 secs = 275/sec 10% of the time = 27 DPS 100% of the time)

That the 1.5 equivalent of +3 DPS...

Regarding elements and crits, crit does 50% more damage, but does not necessarily proc an effect. The effect proc rate is different (There is a Destro staff passive that increase the status effect proc chance - does not necessarily imply a increased crit though). Any +weapon damage enchantment can crit (poison, disease, irresistable), doesn't have to be an elemental.

The proc effect you are likely seeing is on a killing blow.

Also, bear in mind, while the 5 piece bonuses can be nice, you can make multiple sets without using the 5 piece.

Dual wield means you have 9 slots available (crafted) + 3 jewelry. More weapon damage by using 3 sets that increase weapon damage directly (Torag's being one possibility) and you may benefit more yet.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • exiledtyrant
    exiledtyrant
    ✭✭✭
    Ok great I'll just go with shock damage and Torug's pact then since I get disintegration chance in sorc anyway. Would have been cool to use ashen grips 5 piece but if it is static and inconsistent there is no point.
    If all are brethren
    As breath fled my prey?

What blinds my vision?
    The haze of blossoms

-Salous the Penitent
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Make 5 of each, try it both ways.

Subtle differences in playstyle and timing will make one work better for you than the other. Not like it costs a lot of mats or time to make that 5th piece of gear on the second set.

If you don't like it, you can always sell or decon.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • exiledtyrant
    exiledtyrant
    ✭✭✭
    I honestly don't even know how much it will cost me. I'm going to do the enchanting my self at 50 since the glyphs should be easy enough to farm and deconstruct. I'm going to want vr 1 set and a vr 14 set. Worth doing at a later date I guess just in case. Heck if one looks cooler but only slight less dps I wouldn't care much.
    If all are brethren
    As breath fled my prey?

What blinds my vision?
    The haze of blossoms

-Salous the Penitent
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Heck if one looks cooler but only slight less dps I wouldn't care much.

Crafted sets look the same as regular sets.

My personal favs for weapon damage used to be Hundings Rage 5 piece, Ashen Grip 4 piece. I use that on my DK right now, but I have not actually played him in 1.6.

Edited by Nestor on March 4, 2015 6:08PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"