Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Upgrade time?

Rohaus
Rohaus
✭✭✭✭✭
I know that ESO is heavily CPU bound and would think I could get 100FPS, with my current rig, on Ultra settings. Sadly, I can only get around 50 to 60fps when sitting in the major cities at peak hours. Obviously, I know that frames dip the more people you have on the screen… the bottleneck being more network related at that point.

Anyways, I wanted to see if anyone out there is running the game at Ultra settings at 1440p resolution or higher with high frame rates? High frame rates being around 100+.

Just wondering if someone is running the game with latest gen nvidia videocard? Money is no object for me… so, spending $500+ doesn’t bother me.

SLI is out of the question as my experiences with SLI and Crossfire in MMO’s has always been bad… they just aren’t properly setup to run with multiple videocards… and it seems like nvidia and AMD don’t keep up with game updates etc.

So, looking for experiences with single videocard GTX 980 ? Anyone? For users running GTX 980, what kind of frame rates do you get with Ultra settings and how does that card perform out in Cyrodiil with hordes of people playing?

Thanks guys,

Rohaus
YouTube channel Rohaus Lives!
Daggerfall Covenant
VR16 DragonKnight
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since more NPCs were added, the card requirements to run ultra now state that 2GB of VRAM is needed. No big deal as any decent video card has that much VRAM these days.

As for frame rates hitting 100 consistently, probably not going to happen, so don't try. I have seen mine get to 100 in secluded areas, but most of the time it is 45 to 60 and that's fine. The game is smooth and hitch free like that. I turned off my FPS display and don't worry about it anymore.

You only need to worry about your frame rates if they are frequently less than 30. Then you will probably need to throw more hardware at it.

And, your right, SLI/Crossfire is just a waste of silicon and electricity (and money)
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"